Shipping Logistics for Swiss IBR Bike in Montreal

Scott Miller

An American in Europe
Premier Member
Hi All,

Do we have any members in Montreal who might be able to help get my wrecked R1200RT (and misc parts) from a storage yard in Montreal Est to the Montreal Airport (YUL)?

I crashed out of the IBR July 6 and am now in the position of arranging shipping. Actually, I am being forced to buy back the salvage bike, but that's another story...

The bike rolls but is not operational. I am hoping to use the return portion of my Motorcycle Express shipment (Montreal to Paris), which is paid for. To do this, the bike needs to be delivered to the airport shipper, clean, and with less than 1 gal of gasoline in the tank (tank will need to be drained - free gas!). The battery must, presumably, still be disconnected. The shipping paperwork would also need to be processed by the person delivering the bike. Of course I pay all charges.

Oh, and I don't speak French o_O but that wasn't much of a problem when I was there after the accident.

It would save me a flight back if some trusty soul has the time to help out. Or if someone knows of a reliable local company willing to do the non routine tasks required, in addition to the transport to the airport, that too would be great.

Thanks,
Scott

Scott Miller

An American in Europe
Premier Member
Here is a quick update, in case someone has a similar challenge in the future.

I was able to call BMW Motorrad Montreal and talk with their service department. They recommended a local motorcycle towing service (Motosecours) who picked up my bike and towed it to them. BMW Motorrad Montreal will prep the bike for shipping this week and then I will have Motosecours tow it to the airport.

The task is not yet complete, but it looks promising