Shortest ride of the year

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
No need to panic quite yet but we are getting dangerously close to the number of patches available; if you haven't yet signed up for this awesome adventure, you might want to get in quick!

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Unlikely to make this now as I'm needed at home with my Dad so ill.
If anything changes Ill let you all know but for now please count me out.

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
A long shot I know but I'll offer the suggestion anyway.

We all need to be at Ness Point at 0802 and Lands End at 1622. That doesn't leave a great deal of room for sightseeing and lounging about along the way. We could, if we felt like it, ride en masse using 2nd man drop-off or similar.

For those unfamiliar with the method, we have a designated run leader who always rides at the front (hence the name run *leader*), a designated back-marker (aka tail-end Charlie), who always rides at the back. Whoever's riding in 2nd place immediately behind the run leader gets "dropped" at key junctions to point the way to the rest of the pack and does that until the back-marker waves him on. Whoever's now in 2nd place gets dropped next time and so on.

2ndman.png

Or we could carry on as normal, wandering about aimlessly on our own.

What do we think chaps?

Last edited:

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Bob , my experience of any group type riding is that it is slower than individual riding. Do we all stop and refuel at the same time? 20 Bikes 4 pumps....

We ride alone to be together.....

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Hopefully will come out on time for those using A12

A12 Southbound between the A1124 (Stanway) and the A414 (Chelmsford East)

When: 10pm December 21 to 5am December 22

Details: All lanes closed for planned roadworks

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Hopefully will come out on time for those using A12

A12 Southbound between the A1124 (Stanway) and the A414 (Chelmsford East)

When: 10pm December 21 to 5am December 22

Details: All lanes closed for planned roadworks
Gordon, what resource are you using for this info please.

I’m suffering a little with ‘2nd man drop off’ (it’s my age) so I think I’ll do what I normally do and ...... go it alone......:oops:....

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Some might be interested if they are they haven't come forward yet, only those who are not inspired by such a tag team event. :rolleyes:

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
What's with all this negativity - we managed it perfectly well when we went to Paris. Even with Robert leading, we all just stuck together. For some of us that was the pinnacle of our motorcycling career!

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Bit of a cockup on the supper front. I've just called Premier Inn Hayle to check that the restaurant will cope - apparently not. They suggested The Trevithick Inn "just up the road" but they look to be equally difficult. Who'd like to suggest what?