SNAFU RALLY - 5 November 2022

Fun Bobby

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
The 2022 SNAFU Rally registration window is open! Registration is through the Ride Master website: Ride Master | Home (jasonjonas.com) under the “2022 SNAFU Rally” “Register” button or through the SNAFU Rally website registration link: Home | SNAFU RALLY (lightnerrob.wixsite.com)

The SNAFU Rally is a 10-hour rally with an "Airborne" theme for 2022. 100+ bonuses are scouted and confirmed. The rally start and finish is located at the Albany, GA Hilton Garden Inn on 5 November 2022. There is a $50 entry fee. Rally t-shirts are optional; however, there will be an additional fee charged for riders who elect to purchase a rally shirt. Based on previous experience, a rally shirt is expected to cost an additional $20-$30 per shirt. Additional rally information is located on the SNAFU Rally website (https://lightnerrob.wixsite.com/snafu-rally), but don’t hesitate to email with questions, [email protected].

Rob Lightner
SNAFU Rally Master
IBA# 606

Fun Bobby

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
You’ll receive a couple stickers as part of the rally swag you can display proudly. :cool: There were four newbie rally riders last year. Hopefully they are IBA Forum members and will chime in with their experience.

The SNAFU Rally is the perfect rally to begin a rally career. You’ll learn about rally planning without being “on the rally clock”, you’ll test your rally plan, begin to understand the necessity of efficient bonus bagging, and meet great folks that are happy to share their rally techniques.

A 10-hour rally was my first rally. I was bitten hard by the rally bug after riding it. I still remember my first professional rally tip, use a clothes hanger that has clips to attach your rally flag.

Rob Lightner
SNAFU Rally Master

RobG4

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Registered. looking forward to it.
Glad to see you registered. You won't be disappointed. Last year's SNAFU was my first rally, and I had a blast. Rob mentioned that he got bit hard by the rally bug after his first 10 hour rally. I did too. It was a great learning experience and Rob does a fantastic job of making it "rookie" friendly. One thing you'll learn about rally riders is that while it's competitive, everyone wants to see everyone else do well. So there's lots of opportunities to talk about bike setup, rally planning, farkles, etc.

Feel free to shoot me a message if I can help in any way. If not, see ya in November.

And yes, if you do well in your first rally, you might walk away with one of these. Not quite a "rally virgin sticker" but close:

Attachments