So what will you be riding?

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Just registered for the ride, first time flyer, triumph tiger explorer. Looking forward to it
Welcome to Insanity Chris. You're now one of 22 going North Anti-clockwise, and you should see 32 coming the other way at some point (so far). You should be at Wick earlier in the day that the Clockwise riders. If you need any advice or want to ask any questions no matter how daft they sound post them on the 'Help and Advice' thread. :)

Hi folks, this is my first RBLR run, triumph street triple, taking in the north clockwise route :) and cannot wait, looking forward to meeting you all at squires, Mart

Last edited:

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
Hi folks, this is my first RBLR run, triumph street triple, taking in the north clockwise route :) and cannot wait, looking forward to meeting you all at squires, Mart
I'm sure you'll have a unique experience Mart. North clockwise is always my favourite direction. Glencoe and the A9 north of Inverness are the highlights IMO :D

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
As of today we've now had 101 riders register for the event, together with 13 pillions :D

I've been updating bike numbers on the first post on page 1 if you want to see what bikes will be riding.

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
How many virgins do we have riding?
Out of a current 103 entrants only 53 have IBA numbers. So if you assume that those without numbers may have not done it before then it's half the field. :D

Or it could be there's some taking part who didn't quite do it in 24 hours in the past. Either way it is nice to see a large number of riders new to this type of event.

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
Thats great, fresh faces are always a good thing
Their faces might not look quite so fresh after 1000 miles though ;) :eek: :D

Maybe it would be a good idea to get somebody do to a before and after profile shot of each rider, similar to the first one in 2009 :p

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
I've signed up for the 500-mile route, as I've volunteered to help at Squires. Regards, Martin
Yep, seen your form Martin. I guessed that was what you were planning, so thanks for the help. Hopefully you'll be able to grab some tea and get your head down for a few hours before the 1000 mile riders start finishing.

You'll probably have a nice day's ride to both the East and West coasts. There's currently 7 of you doing the 500 route. :)

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Its the first time for some of us with numbers.....

Yep me too Gordon , I was not going to fit the Aux Tank but now I'm having a re-think . .. All these riders heading down the same road I need to be 50 to 150 miles away from them..
Or should I extend my RBLR1000 challenge and shift into Group riding ..... :rolleyes: ......... NO I don't think I couldn't cope 1 or 2 perhaps..

Sneezy

IBAUK Bouncer
IBA Member
Dont worry ziggy, i only saw people at first fuel stop, and wick, most wont be doing iron butt stops so easy to get in and out quick, plus, even with ld tank, you still have to stop for receipt.