So You Want To Do A Rally, But You Don't Know How? Read On

Tele

Premier Member
I am very unlikely to be able to get leave to participate on the nominated date. There is one slim option, but I will not know until mid November. Also, I am thinking that Annette and Shane may not be in a position to continue with the organisation of this specific Rally at this time due to the severe injuries he has suffered in his recent accident.

Last edited:

tj189

Premier Member
I am very unlikely to be able to get leave to participate on the nominated date. There is one slim option, but I will not know until mid November. Also, I am thinking that Annette and Shane may not be in a position to continue with the organisation of this specific Rally at this time due to the severe injuries he has suffered in his recent accident.
Thanks for letting us know that you may not be there Ian.

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
....Also, I am thinking that Annette and Shane may not be in a position to continue with the organisation of this specific Rally at this time due to the severe injuries he has suffered in his recent accident.
Probably best not to speculate Tele. Annette and Shane will let us know if there is any change, and they certainly have not cancelled anything at this stage - even the gathering of the rally staff for a 'practice rally practice session' in just a couple of weeks time.

Anyway, Shane is not that bad. He's only broken about 20 or so bones and ruptured a couple of organs. His throttle hand is fine.

Probably best not to speculate Tele. Annette and Shane will let us know if there is any change, and they certainly have not cancelled anything at this stage - even the gathering of the rally staff for a 'practice rally practice session' in just a couple of weeks time.

Anyway, Shane is not that bad. He's only broken about 20 or so bones and ruptured a couple of organs. His throttle hand is fine.

At this stage, everything is still going forward as planned. Shane is responding well to treatment and should be home by then. We can get him a ding bat to play with if he's still too badly injured

So, you have all probably been keeping up with Shane's progress. He is responding well to all the treatment, and we are still planning to go ahead with the rally. He can maybe wave a flag at the start! Anyway, I hope to get stuck into things next week when I get back. Please be patient, but I promise, the rally will still be a little beauty. Would love to see a lot of people participating! I have lots of support with Bill Beaton, Peter Hogan, John Inkson and Martin Little, all lending a helping hand. Bill in particular has been fantastic helping with things. Here's a clue about our training rally theme

Attachments

Tele

Premier Member
Rally Theme.... I need more clues please.
In addition to the great minds of Naughty Bart and Peter;

ACDC: Power stations, Energy supply or distribution facilities, music halls\centres, dance facilities, rock formations, string theory, the township of Young? :D:D;) or pehaps some good old fashioned plucking :p

I should know in about two weeks whether or not I can participate. My current boss has resigned to take up a new job elsewhere and depending on who we get in the interim might have some sway as to my flexibility that weekend.