tj189

Premier Member
1. Do you have a GPS? What type? Garmin Zumo 660
2. Which mapping programme do you currently use to do a simple route? Basecamp
3. Do you have a spot tracker? Yes - Bubbler
4. Do you have a smart phone? Yes

Biggles

Premier Member
The date is a clash for me, but this has priority.

1. Do you have a GPS? What type? Garmin 660
2. Which mapping programme do you currently use to do a simple route? Google Maps and Basecamp (amateur user only)
3. Do you have a spot tracker? Yes, Spot 2
4. Do you have a smart phone? Yes, but it often seems dumber than me.

Nico

Well-known Member. Moderator
1. Do you have a GPS? What type?
Garmin Zumo 550
2. Which mapping programme do you currently use to do a simple route?
Mapsource. Trying to learn BaseCamp
3. Do you have a spot tracker?
Yes. Spot2
4. Do you have a smart phone?
Yes. iPhone6

Naughty Bart

1. Do you have a GPS? What type? Garmin ???
Google maps and Basecamp very badly
3. Do you have a spot tracker? Yes bubbler
4. Do you have a smart phone? Yes

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Garmin Zumo 590
Google Maps and trying to get used to BaseCamp
Yes Bubbler
Yes Android

Grey Gentry

Premier Member
1. Do you have a GPS? What type? Garmin Zumo 350LM
2. Which mapping programme do you currently use to do a simple route? Googlemaps. BaseCamp only just! (Another motel with better Telstra access than at the last 36hour rally would be great)
3. Do you have a spot tracker? Yes Spot.
4. Do you have a smart phone? Yes. Android.

Bill Beaton has offered to be the assistant rally master and chief scorer on this practice rally. We need a couple of people to volunteer to assist in scoring - people who don't anticipate ever taking part in the actual rally or future rallies, but would like to help in the scoring process. You wil be trained by Bill as to what the scorers role is. Hands up please !

Rusjel

Premier Member
A couple of questions for those who have put their hands up.

At this stage, just wanting to gauge what people are currently using.
1. Zumo 550.
2. No mapping software ATM.
3. Spot2
4. Ifagphone.

Johng

Premier Member
The date for this Training Rally will be

Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th November and It will start and finish in Taree, NSW.

More details about the training rally will be posted soon - what you will need to have and bring, where the training will be held, any costs etc.
Great to see so much interest.
We are lucky to have 2 confirmed trainers for the date so far.
Peter Hogan and Martin Little have both put their hands up to assist and be your rally trainers for the weekend.
Peter is a long distance riding legend, plus a Butt Lite and an Iron Butt Rally Veteran.
Martin is a long distance rider and a 2 times Butt Lite Veteran, and will join the ranks of IBR veterans in 2017.

Lock the date in on your calendar and get set for a weekend of learning and fun!
Now it's time for me to start my plotting! (Rubbing my hands together in glee).

Your rally mistress

Lady Cuddles
Damn Iam out was trying to get to this always next time. Good luck to every one happy learning.
J

Tele

Premier Member
I'm actually rostered off that weekend so please add me to your list (assuming I can get the Friday night shift off)
Thank you Annette for offering your services (and to all your kind associates). The training idea is sensational.

1. Do you have a GPS? What type? BMW Motorrad IV Garmin
2. Which mapping programme do you currently use to do a simple route? I have Basecamp but I am inept at using it: Macbook Air laptop
3. Do you have a spot tracker? Yes. Spot Gen 3 (or whatever the latest is).
4. Do you have a smart phone? Yes. Samsung G5 Android

myeeme

Hi Annette

Nice idea and would like to have a go assuming I am welcome back at Taree. Of course not sure if both the 300,000+km GTR or my then 78 year old frame can last the distance but what the heck.

Count me in

1. Do you have a GPS? Garmin 660 and TomTom Rider
2. Which mapping programme do you currently use to do a simple route?TYRE and have tried a couple of time to come to grips with Basecamp
3. Do you have a spot tracker? Yes. Spot Gen 2
4. Do you have a smart phone? Yes but I have using the "smarts"

TJ
Rusjel
SimonB
Grey Gentry
Biggles
Nico
Skidoo
Ox
Fatman & LTP
Jeff The Chef
Naughty Bart
Myeeme

Last edited:

ED535

Milady.....
I am loathe to announce that I am previously engaged for these dates in November, and will be unable to attend this auspicious occasion.
I beseech the to look favorably upon me as it is my intention to join you in April.
To all who gather for the training, Have a great time.
Sir ED535 Dark Knight of the Riff.

But seriously, Annette, I am more than a little upset about missing this. I will be ready for April.:)

Do you have a GPS? What type? Garmins, 1 of LM 590, 2 of 660 and 1 of 665. Alwaysused in pairs, one is always set to show less than 1km, the other varies from 10 to 100km
2. Which mapping programme do you currently use to do a simple route? Basecamp exclusively. I dont use excel to assess route viability
3. Do you have a spot tracker? Spot 2
4. Do you have a smart phone? No

Sorry that your Rallymaster has been off the grid for a while - lots of boring things not related to long distance riding have been taking up my time, but you will hear more from me over the next few weeks.
I will liaise with TJ as to how we will have a Rally Participants Only Link (FYEO) (That's secret squirrel For Your Eyes Only).
There will be a minimal entry fee per entrant to cover the rally central venue costs etc and you will need to officially sign up.
You will also NEED to have Basecamp loaded onto your lap top and bring that with you. Start playing with it now, based on Peter Hogan's thread that he has included above. You will be further instructed as to how to use Basecamp and how to actually plan a route during the training sessions.
Be excited. This will be the inaugural TAR24 Rally and you will be part of it!
More info to come soon!

Fatman

1. Do you have a GPS? What type? BMW Motorrad V Garmin
2. Which mapping programme do you currently use to do a simple route? Google Maps but have been practicing with Basecamp recently
3. Do you have a spot tracker? Yes. Spot Gen 2 but do not have tracking but can add your email/phone to it for the event
4. Do you have a smart phone? Yes HTC

Last edited: