"Special" rides

Bruce Edwards

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
At a recent ride, several members were talking about a "Waffle House" SS and then I read in the IBA mag about an "Eggsanity" SS. Where would I find the requirements for these rides or were they just one off events? I can't seem to find them on any of the certified ride lists . Thanks.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
At a recent ride, several members were talking about a "Waffle House" SS and then I read in the IBA mag about an "Eggsanity" SS. Where would I find the requirements for these rides or were they just one off events? I can't seem to find them on any of the certified ride lists . Thanks.
The EggSanity 1000 isn't eggs-akly :) one-off, but it is one of the stranger rides.

You can find information on the ride at

http://www.ironbutt.com/rides/eggsanity/

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Short answer: No.

See your other post on the question for a bit of rationale.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Just worked out an Eggsanity Gold route, Carlisle PA to Charleston SC. 1032 miles, all superslab. As we get closer to May, I juuuuuust might send it in.

JAORE

Premier Member
A most enjoyable ride. I hit the requisite 4 different eateries, finished my 1,000+ miles and celebrated with ham and eggs at a Waffle House.

Yeah, I like eggs.

Highly recommended to call ahead and confirm the place is open and (current) hours of service. Two of the four I hit had changed hours requiring adjustments in my ride.

Looks like a nice route... i think a eggsanity 1000 gold is 4 places. silver is 3 places. And an eggsanity 1000 is 2 places... maybe i missed 2 looking at your route.. right now im still planning my 48/10 for july 10th.. then i will plan eggsanity 1000 for may or june... i should have it all set by the end of February with planning..

Looks like a nice route... i think a eggsanity 1000 gold is 4 places. silver is 3 places. And an eggsanity 1000 is 2 places... maybe i missed 2 looking at your route.. right now im still planning my 48/10 for july 10th.. then i will plan eggsanity 1000 for may or june... i should have it all set by the end of February with planning..

Each stop has one of the 4 places, though it doesn't seem to show on the map. It starts at a WH, the VA stop is at a OS, the next stop is at a WK, and it ends at a HH. Still in the planning stages......

im going to start in Scranton Pa waffle house...its the nearest one to me from upstate NY. then just figure out which way to run. south? west?..im thinking down to Georgia or maybe Florida. that way i can run a SS1000 or BB1500 back up home to NY.

The pre approved routes show Kermit Tx as a Huddle House and looks like a mid point between Phoenix AZ and DFW TX. Does it violate the spirit of the ride to go from DFW - Kermit eat, continue on to Van Horn TX then return to DFW ? Sometimes I've only got one day window.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
The pre approved routes show Kermit Tx as a Huddle House and looks like a mid point between Phoenix AZ and DFW TX. Does it violate the spirit of the ride to go from DFW - Kermit eat, continue on to Van Horn TX then return to DFW ? Sometimes I've only got one day window.
The way I'm reading, pre-approved is a route you don't need to ask (specifically) for permission to do the ride.

Any deviation from this means the route is not pre-approved. Thus, reverting back to the rulez that states the route for an Eggsanity ride must pre pre-approved to attempt it.

Now, that's my unofficial response.

An official response from the IBA hierarchy might be along shortly. ;)

As a prior eggsemplary employee of WH (during my eggasperating college days), an eggselent coworker and I played the eggscrutiating, yet eggsiting game of seeing eggsactly how many egg puns we could eggspound upon. It lasted 2 eggsacting eggstraneous, eggspressive days. We were eggshausted.

Redwing56

Premier Member
im going to start in Scranton Pa waffle house...its the nearest one to me from upstate NY. then just figure out which way to run. south? west?..im thinking down to Georgia or maybe Florida. that way i can run a SS1000 or BB1500 back up home to NY.
Hey streetglide
Where ya located? I’m in Hudson Valley, Mahopac and a gent in Jersey contacted me about doing and eggsanity run.

JAVGuzzi

Premier Member
As a prior eggsemplary employee of WH (during my eggasperating college days), an eggselent coworker and I played the eggscrutiating, yet eggsiting game of seeing eggsactly how many egg puns we could eggspound upon. It lasted 2 eggsacting eggstraneous, eggspressive days. We were eggshausted.
Eggselectly egsspressed !!

camelmd

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
When in doubt, send your actual route to the IBA for pre-approval.

Redwing56

Premier Member
Hi all
Couple of days ago I submitted my route approval to Michael K as instructed on the IBA site for an eggsanity silver that I’m trying to arrange for Easter weekend. I have not heard anything. Does anyone know how long it takes? I’m concerned it’s too close to receive my flag in time.
Thanks all, ride safe