Spot price increase ?

IBRX3

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Just checked my spot renewal price and discovered it has increased by 31% !!! from last year for the same service. It is now nearly £130 for check in and tracking. The same service is £103 for a US based account. Personally, I think that's starting to become a bit excessive and a bit shameful that that they didn't even inform of the price increase.

Unfortunately, I need spot this year for a trip to an enormous area where there is definitely poor phone coverage otherwise I would not renew this time and keep using Bubbler.

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Not nice when charges seem to be higher in more populated areas of the world......
But if your travelling to remote areas or were phone coverage could be compromised ... £130 is nothing

I use Bubbler pro but would never expect it to be reliable in and Emergency.

I've cut my account to 2 Spots one on the bike... and one in my pocket/arm just in-case, It's a small price to pay if things go wrong.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I'll still keep my SPOT 1 and SPOT3. Gives great peace of mind at little cost
Overall the cost hasn't risen much over many years

GraemeandSally

RBLR 1000
Premier Member
Not nice when charges seem to be higher in more populated areas of the world......
But if your travelling to remote areas or were phone coverage could be compromised ... £130 is nothing

I use Bubbler pro but would never expect it to be reliable in and Emergency.

I've cut my account to 2 Spots one on the bike... and one in my pocket/arm just in-case, It's a small price to pay if things go wrong.
After our accident when I found the spot down the road from where we landed (about 8 mts) I have started to wear it on my arm so it's with me in an emergency
Good idea if you have two to have one on you and one on the bike