Spotwalla and SW Connect

So I am a total newbie here. For the most part I am pretty tech savvy. However I am having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to properly use SW Connect and Spotwalla. I am making a SS1000 run on June 20th. I want to be able to have Spotwalla to support my documentation.

So I set up my device. It has the 5 minute tracking set. I am trying to figure out how to start and stop a ride. I am taking a 220 mile ride this Sunday to try and work out the kinks.

So can someone please explain it to me like I am five (which my wife will tell you I sometimes act like), and give me a step by step to make sure I can show my Sunday ride correctly as I prepare for my SS 1000?

Thanks.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
Great synopsis of the setup @lnelson - nice find, and virtually identical to the 'Droid version (BubblerGPS).

The only wrinkle in this whole process is the validation that the tracking is functioning for the first time.

So, your first 'trip' (on Spotwalla) might be setup while you're at home. You might then be concerned that tracking isn't functioning. There's a distance away from that very first track location established that needs to be exceeded in order for the phone app (SWConnect / BubblerGPS) to recognize you've moving. Thus you might take a walk around the block or some other short-duration walk/drive to be certain it's working as you expect it to.

Once you've gotten things working, in Spotwalla, you have the ability to create exclusion zones - great for when you want to share a track, but you don't want to share where 'home' (or certain other locations...) are.