Spotwalla Question

Rickr96

Premier Member
I don’t have much experience using SW Connent and Spotwalla. I’ve done a few practice trips of 50 to 100 miles. I didn’t use start or end times, just added a new trip and started to ride. Everything seemed to work fine. I could view the trips, send links, etc. So with some confidence in the tracker I attempted my first IBA SS1K. I entered the trip info... (after fuling and getting my start time receipt... a rookie mistake doing something I could have done before starting the clock)... but this time I used a start and end time. I entered the start time on the receipt, and entered an end time set for 24 hours later. And, no joy. No trip recorded. I’ve done a couple trips since and if I skip the start/end times everything seems to work. If I add start/end times, no worky. Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Luckily I did witness statements, trips logs, etc for the SS1K and expect the ride will be certified. But for next time I’d like to have the Spotwalla tracker to help support or confirm the ride.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
Start SW Connect/Bubbler GPS an hour or so in advance...making sure it's running before the ride gets started.

Instead of a 24 hour window, a 25 or 26 hour window in Spotwalla can be used to capture the ride.

As Amnon mentioned above, you can adjust the times later.

Scott Parish

Premier Member
I don't really mess around with the start/stop times in Spotwalla. I leave it at the defaults. I manage tracking by either turning on Bubbler when I get to my official start and turn off at my official ending location if I do not want tracking to/from my home. If my start location is my normal gas station near my home - I will ensure Bubbler is on prior to leaving my house and check Spotwalla at the gas station to ensure it is tracking prior to fueling and pulling a receipt since I have it set to update every 10 minutes.

BigLew55

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Using Bubbler and Spotwalla, I take the exact opposite approach as Scott above.

My Bubbler is always active, riding or driving, or even grocery shopping. When taking a trip, I set up a general trip using start and end times with a generous margin.

When I return, I refine the dates and times, or set up sub-trips using more specific times. I did this for my recent Jax trip, so I could send only the pertinent trip info in to the verification teams for each application.

I also do this for family vacations so the kids can see where they were. I'm not sure they really care where they were on day two of our Disney trip though...

Garage Monster

Premier Member
IBA Member
I use Bubbler Pro and set it to start a half hour before I planned to leave and left a big margin for the stop time. When I finished the ride I shut of spotwalla. I too use Bubbler Pro.