Spring Equinox ride plan - NSW Painted Silos

Ed.

Premier Member
Have fun, Shane.
As Bill said, Merriwa to willow tree is closed - apparently "proper closed", not even "maybe I could sneak a bike passed that closed".
Have you spoken to Glen (zed14) about silos? He's been chasing them for a while now and may have info if needed.

Biggles

Premier Member
Have fun, Shane.
As Bill said, Merriwa to willow tree is closed - apparently "proper closed", not even "maybe I could sneak a bike passed that closed".
Have you spoken to Glen (zed14) about silos? He's been chasing them for a while now and may have info if needed.
It would be wonderful if they sealed that road- it's a great connector bypassing Scone.

Tele

Premier Member
Good luck with "corner dockets' on that one Shane. I have not done any IBA rides for so long, I'm not even sure if corner dockets are still the requirement? A worthy endeavour nonetheless! Best wishes

Dicky Knee

Question re: Equinox timing.
I understand that some part of the ride must be at the time of the Equinox.
The question is..... is that Equinox time as per GMT, or..... local time.
Example - if Equinox is (say) 2239hrs GMT 23rd September 2022, then to qualify (for me, in WA) - I'd need to start my ride before 0639hrs 24th September (GMT + 8hrs). Correct?
Sorry for the thread hi-jack, but it is 'sort of' on topic ;)
I may have an opportunity to get something ticked off here.

******** disregard. It had been a long day when I wrote that. A good nights sleep and I have been able to answer my own question.
As you were.

Last edited: