SS 1000

I want to attempt SS 1000 ride, I am from India, i don't know from where to start, where to submit the docs and where i can pay for the certificate and other stuff. if some can guide me it will be very helpful

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I want to attempt SS 1000 ride, I am from India, i don't know from where to start, where to submit the docs and where i can pay for the certificate and other stuff. if some can guide me it will be very helpful
First and foremost, please read the post regarding Indian rides on the Iron Butt Forum at

http://forum.ironbutt.org/index.php?threads/india-ride-certifications.10/

If you cannot locate an existing Iron Butt Association member, do this

Make sure you have GOOD eyewitnesses AND use this method to document your ride as you go:

www.ironbutt.org/rides/receipts.htm

as a reminder, your ride will be rejected if you do not have:

START receipt

ENDING receipt

TURN POINT RECEIPTS (MAJOR DIRECTION change)

ALL other receipts

If you are posting on social media (Facebook, etc) during your ride, please send us the link to review also.

The complete rules, procedures, documentation requirements, forms, and fee schedules are on our Web site. Take the "Certifications" link from our home page, then the link to the Saddlesore 1600k.

I understand that speed limits for motorcycles in India are considerably lower than in the US. So I need to remind Indian riders that we will not certify a ride on a route where the average legal speed limit for motorcycles is lower than the average speed needed for the ride. For example, one needs to average about 67 kph to complete the Saddlesore 1600k (1,609 km in 24 hours or less) within the time limit. So the route would need to have an average legal speed limit for motorcycles of at least 67 kph.

We accept payment of the fees via International Money Order in US funds, Visa or Mastercard, or by PayPal. If by money order, please remit to the postal address provided on the ride's rules page. If by credit card or PayPal, please provide an email address at which we can reach you. We will do so when the ride passes review.

You may submit your ride electronically if you wish by scanning in the documentation and emailing it to

[email protected]

If submitting electronically, your map should be submitted via Google Maps. There is a guide how to use it at:

www.ironbutt.com/googlemaps

First and foremost, please read the post regarding Indian rides on the Iron Butt Forum at

http://forum.ironbutt.org/index.php?threads/india-ride-certifications.10/

If you cannot locate an existing Iron Butt Association member, do this

Make sure you have GOOD eyewitnesses AND use this method to document your ride as you go:

www.ironbutt.org/rides/receipts.htm

as a reminder, your ride will be rejected if you do not have:

START receipt

ENDING receipt

TURN POINT RECEIPTS (MAJOR DIRECTION change)

ALL other receipts

If you are posting on social media (Facebook, etc) during your ride, please send us the link to review also.

The complete rules, procedures, documentation requirements, forms, and fee schedules are on our Web site. Take the "Certifications" link from our home page, then the link to the Saddlesore 1600k.

I understand that speed limits for motorcycles in India are considerably lower than in the US. So I need to remind Indian riders that we will not certify a ride on a route where the average legal speed limit for motorcycles is lower than the average speed needed for the ride. For example, one needs to average about 67 kph to complete the Saddlesore 1600k (1,609 km in 24 hours or less) within the time limit. So the route would need to have an average legal speed limit for motorcycles of at least 67 kph.

We accept payment of the fees via International Money Order in US funds, Visa or Mastercard, or by PayPal. If by money order, please remit to the postal address provided on the ride's rules page. If by credit card or PayPal, please provide an email address at which we can reach you. We will do so when the ride passes review.

You may submit your ride electronically if you wish by scanning in the documentation and emailing it to

[email protected]

If submitting electronically, your map should be submitted via Google Maps. There is a guide how to use it at:

www.ironbutt.com/googlemaps

Thanks for the replay.....