SS1000 Certified

“Daddy, did you ride all day?” Yes. “Did you ride all night?” Yes. “Wow, that is a lot.”

My conversation with one of my daughters, when I woke up from riding over 1,000 miles (looped, across five states), for my first IBA SS1000, which I was recently certified for.

Excited to officially be an IBA Member now, among so many of The World’s Toughest Riders!

Already contemplating the BB1500.

Last edited:

Mike721

Premier Member
Nice! It's important to represent!
I see your a fellow Pennsylvanian! You should do an instate PA ride next, everyone should do one in their home state. I did mine last year, it was a blast!

HACKLE

Congratulations Adventurer. Love the fact that your daughter recognises your achievement. Now the planning starts for those that'll follow. And I'm sure there will be some. Once the "bug bites", well you know the rest. Cheers.

JAORE

Premier Member
Congratulations. Already planning the next too!

And good deal about impressing your kid. Mine just sort of shake their heads and mutter something that sounds suspiciously like, "Nutty old bastard". (But they DO love me.)

LOL. It may be good I started fairly late in life. First cert at age 60. I figured that would be it. Age 65 I got number two. Now, at 68 I have eight. One more planned before my 69th birthday.

Ride safe.

Congratulations. Already planning the next too!

And good deal about impressing your kid. Mine just sort of shake their heads and mutter something that sounds suspiciously like, "Nutty old bastard". (But they DO love me.)

LOL. It may be good I started fairly late in life. First cert at age 60. I figured that would be it. Age 65 I got number two. Now, at 68 I have eight. One more planned before my 69th birthday.

Ride safe.
Uh oh, I completed my first - a SS1000 - in early Sep this year at age 60. I can see this is going to be addictive too. Starting to plan a BB1500 in 2021, once I get this first certification. Another one ... hooked ... :)

JAVGuzzi

Premier Member
I have witnessed 3 teenage young ladies and 1 twelve year old girl who have ridden pillion with their Dad on a SS1K.

The little 12 year old was a really cool little girl.