SS1000 verification wait

Hey guys! Really want to be a part of this, but it sure is taking a while to get certified. I completed my ride in September, and submitted in December (auto-reply dated 12/22/20).

Should it be taking this long? I have a US50cc into a 50cc trip planned for mid-May and your rules say you won't even consider me for those without an SS1000 in the books.

Any info would sure be appreciated!!!

CB650F

Premier Member
Well, I have good news for you. There are lots of threads from people asking about certs just like you are. What normally happens, is that a few days after asking about it, they get an email from the verification team. Hopefully, that happens to you too. 12 weeks is probably the typical time frame for verification, but it does vary. The IBA isn't a corporation with a penthouse in LA. The verification teams are made entirely of volunteers. Kids get sick, workloads change, they like to ride too, etc. Sometimes verifications are very quick, sometimes they take longer. There's just too many factors involved to be able to have consistent wait times unfortunately. At this point, it's just a matter of patience. Like Tom said, the waiting is the hardest part!

You've done the ride, and I'm sure you were careful about your paperwork so it will get verified. Even if there is some issue and it doesn't get verified, you're going to do it again so you are bound to get one verified. As far as I'm concerned, that makes you a part of the group. Welcome to the club.

dmcqueeney

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I have a US50cc into a 50cc trip planned for mid-May and your rules say you won't even consider me for those without an SS1000 in the books.
A little good news ... The base level 50CC ride has no prerequisites. It is the 50CC GOLD that requires prior completion of at least a 50cc or SaddleSore 2000. See the ride description.
. . . Dave

cougar

Zombie thread, but just wanted to update.

Still no contact of any sort, feeling kind of dejected about the whole thing.
Seems to be a growing problem - these threads seem more common, as do similar posts in the Facebook group

I wonder how many people are on the verification team and if much thought has been given to expanding it - even to the extent of having someone tasked with actually replying to people's queries whether their ride submissions have been received, or a status update

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Seems to be a growing problem - these threads seem more common, as do similar posts in the Facebook group

I wonder how many people are on the verification teams and if much thought has been given to expanding them - even to the extent of having someone tasked with actually replying to people's queries whether their ride submissions have been received, or a status update
Fixed it for you. I was told in the past that there were multiple teams. My understanding is that it's a closely monitored process with significant training. Toss in the huge seasonal volume of ride submissions and it's no surprise things get lost in cracks now and then. How many people they really have now, in these strange times, and what degree of oversight by Mike Kneebone is involved, (He looks at a lot of rides too), and what the spaghetti chart is on submissions thru certificates might offer some process improvements... if you can find/train the staff. Then what do you do in the Winter lull time with the extra staff you have trained?

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
<...>Then what do you do in the Winter lull time with the extra staff you have trained?
In certain latitudes, of North America, motorcycle riding is high on that list, I'm sure.

:)

There's certainly reasons why things are done the way they are done when it comes to the certification process. Whether mere mortals will ever be allowed to look behind the curtain will be the mystery.

well i'm in the same boat too. submitted my ride in sept last year and nothing so far besides single liner email reply "we're aware of your request" and then radio silence for months. fyi, this is not even the ride package i'm talking about but the verification email and its taking such a long time. been following up in the fb group, got kicked out from there coz I was asking the right questions but the admin couldn't handle it. goes to show the credibility and maturity of that group admin. dropped few mails to mike kneebone as well but no updates from him too. makes one wonder why have such an organization promoting long distance riding but the follow up actions post submission are creating a huge gap. I even volunteered myself to be trained and help certify papers for folks in my region but no response till now.