SS1600

Rick Russell

Premier Member
I woke up this morning and thought its a good day for a ride....somewhere else! We are having a heat wave right now.
So I got on the bike and rode somewhere else. I went west to Banff Alberta, a bit over 800 kilometers from home. I didnt see anything I needed, and came home. 1652 kilometers in about 16.75 hours. Moving average 108km/h. I tried my kevlar lined jeans, and found that they will indeed give you saddlesores in well under 1000 miles! I got a scare when the (fiberglass?)air conditioner cover blew off the roof of a motorhome I was behind. It flipped up ,hung in the air and landed in the next lane. On the first bounce it broke into a bunch of big pieces right in front of the pickup truck that was passing me, then the impact off the front of the truck caused the cover to explode into hundreds of other pieces. I ducked behind the windshield and it did well protecting me and doesnt appear to be damaged so all is well. Weather was good but the air was smokey. All in all a great day.
I'm not sure what I did wrong in the settings for spotwalla or bubbler, but it did record my gas stop locations, times and destination, but that is all. I used the same gas stations out and back.
https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=1a9885b6e73352a25c

Last edited:

Scott Parish

Premier Member
Definitely more productive than my weekend. Glad you came away unscathed. Reviewing your Spotwalla track it does appear something is off as I would expect far more pings to show up. How often do you have it set to update?

Rick Russell

Premier Member
Snipped
Reviewing your Spotwalla track it does appear something is off as I would expect far more pings to show up. How often do you have it set to update?
Im not sure what has changed, I think it is all the same as my 48/10 and trip to Key West. I did not change anything, and cannot find any settings set differently.

Scott Parish

Premier Member
Snipped
Im not sure what has changed, I think it is all the same as my 48/10 and trip to Key West. I did not change anything, and cannot find any settings set differently.
Bubbler is more likely the source - have you changed phones? I would create a test trip in Spotwalla, turn on Bubbler and take a local ride stopping along the way to mark a spot, upoload a pic etc. Do you have the Standard or Pro version? Since Bubbler relies upon cellular network - whenever you are off network; the points store up to a certain limit and once you hit your network or connect via wifi - will update your Spotwalla.

Rick Russell

Premier Member
Bubbler is more likely the source - have you changed phones? I would create a test trip in Spotwalla, turn on Bubbler and take a local ride stopping along the way to mark a spot, upoload a pic etc. Do you have the Standard or Pro version? Since Bubbler relies upon cellular network - whenever you are off network; the points store up to a certain limit and once you hit your network or connect via wifi - will update your Spotwalla.
It is the same phone, I use data, and the cell network along the Trans Canada highway has never let me down before. I do use the paid version. My bubbler app is set to start with the phone turning on. I will have to check to see if maybe an android update may have changed something.I think a few more test rides are in order, but they just might not be local!