SS1K Attempt on 7/22/22

Dave28117

Premier Member
For no particular reason, I'm doing a SS1k on Friday. Plan to leave home here in the Charlotte area at 9 AM after traffic clears. I'm heading north to near Pittsburg PA, then east to Carlisle PA, then back south to home. No destinations or sightseeing locations planned. I just feel like getting out. This is the first time I'm doing it using all the tools for automated entry of the ride, so we'll see how well I do at embedding the fuel receipts. :)

Here's the link to track if you'd like to check in on me.
https://new.spotwalla.com/trip/4d5c-2561c40b-02ac/view

Auburn

Premier Member
Have a great ride.

The auto tools work really good. Be sure to follow the set up for your spotwalla track for this trip so they can download the track when doing their review. The directions are pretty good, but you have to ready them closely or you can miss the correct boxes to check. If you are using SW Tracker, make sure to allow it to save the picture to your photos on your phone (it only asks you when you first set up the app). If not, take the picture with your camera and choose the photo from your library. Also, you have to hit send after you have picked the photo (I messed that up the first one) but it is recoverable.

Dave28117

Premier Member
Have a great ride.

The auto tools work really good. Be sure to follow the set up for your spotwalla track for this trip so they can download the track when doing their review. The directions are pretty good, but you have to ready them closely or you can miss the correct boxes to check. If you are using SW Tracker, make sure to allow it to save the picture to your photos on your phone (it only asks you when you first set up the app). If not, take the picture with your camera and choose the photo from your library. Also, you have to hit send after you have picked the photo (I messed that up the first one) but it is recoverable.
thanks for the tip! I just went into my phone and verified that it does save pics there, so I have a backup. I have already done a test route in SW to verify that my pics are getting embedded. I think I'm good. we'll see what I forgot. :D

Dave28117

Premier Member
Wellllll....it was a ride of stupid mistakes, but I did get it in. Pictures through bubbler worked just fine. it helps though when you remember to start the tracking on SPOT rather than just turn the darn thing on. DUH! by the time I had figured it out I had wasted a 20 minute stop to replace batteries thinking that was the problem. Once i got that straightened out, and a few hundred more miles down the road I hit rain. With that, my phone got some water in it and stopped working, so pictures we're happening any longer. I had to revert to putting the mileage on the receipts and will embed those in the spot tracking. at least the spot tracking was working though, so that info is there.

I also had a major stoppage on I-81 heading south through WV. Traffic was at a dead stop for better than 30 minutes and by the time I got to traffic freeing up, there was nothing in sight to indicate why. Oh well, me and a trucker had a nice conversation while sitting there doing nothing. And bonus, I got to get out of the saddle for a little while to limber up. :D

on the plus side, and what the ride was really about, my new auxiliary on the GW worked great. I was able to get about 130 additional miles between fuel stops. Honestly though, I found that somewhere around 250 to 275 was the right time for my butt. I managed 290+ on one stop though.

Overall....several plusses for the trip. several minuses as well. But learning along the way!