Sweden/norway route?

Sneezy

IBAUK Bouncer
IBA Member
Hello all, im hopefully doing a trip in norway/sweden later this year, (had to pull out of european tour) and this is a rough route ive plotted, visiting among other places, mo i rana (arctic circle) lilleehammer and trondheim.
Does anyone have any suggestions? And or advice? This is purely a flower sniffing holiday, as my rock marion will be riding pillion. image.jpeg

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
You are in for a treat. I really love riding in Norway, prefer the isolation North of Trondheim, been to Nordkapp three times. My all time favourite part is the King Olaf highway from Sweden and right down the Lofoten Islands, even the Norwegians use Lofoten Islands for their holidays, think what Lake District is to England; but very sparsley populated. From the bottom of the islands you can take a daily ferry, the Hurtigerten, to Bodo on the mainland

Sneezy

IBAUK Bouncer
IBA Member
Thanks dave.
Whats a days realistic riding mileage? (In corsica sometimes 100 km took 4 hours)
is 300 miles in 7 hours realistic?

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
No motorways but excellent quality roads, 90kph limit in Norway, if your 'flower sniffing' then 200 miles is easy 4/5 hours.

Sneezy

IBAUK Bouncer
IBA Member
What a fantastic holiday, tho the speeding ticket (was doing 71 kph through twisty bends, limit had just changed to 60) and got fined 2900 krone, (£260) was a bit steep.
But as it was a slow ride, pig regularly recorded 70 mpg with a range of over 400 miles.
(Normally fuel light is on at 205 miles, and economy is about 50 mpg)