Tank Bags for 2018 BMW R1200Rt

Firstpeke

Not using that one on my 1250RT but do use the Givi ST611 tanklock bag, small but works for what I need it for.... I came to the conclusion that anything bigger was going to cause issues with steering lock... even this dinky little 6 litre bag does come into contact with the BMW aux lights switch on full left lock...
Doesn't cause a problem though.

Detaches and goes back really easily.

HTH

Wow
I like the way you put your ram mount on. I just picked up the Bmw in november. I need a tank bag and ram mount. Brother half the stuff you have on your bike i don't know what they are. I'm in the process of getting new riding gear which is way more than I expected. Ordered a Klim Latitude Jacket but having trouble finding the pants. Must be a covid thing. Does all the tank bags have a bracket from the gas filler?

Greg Rice

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Wow
I like the way you put your ram mount on. I just picked up the Bmw in november. I need a tank bag and ram mount. Brother half the stuff you have on your bike i don't know what they are. I'm in the process of getting new riding gear which is way more than I expected. Ordered a Klim Latitude Jacket but having trouble finding the pants. Must be a covid thing. Does all the tank bags have a bracket from the gas filler?
Many tank bags do have the ring but the one above does not. I just did not attach the bottom straps and slid the tank bag to the side when filling up. I only had the top strap around the neck.

It worked great and never moved ax the bottom of the tank bag was anti-slip. Quick and easy fill ups.

This june will be my first try at a bun burner after the saddle sore. The information from everyone is top notch. Can't get over all the info.
Thanks
I came from a Harley Davidson road glide and could take everything I own. Now I need to plan what to pack and where to put it. With the new riding gear I can loose the rain gear etc. Most of the things I'm doing is new to me.

Greg Rice

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
This june will be my first try at a bun burner after the saddle sore. The information from everyone is top notch. Can't get over all the info.
Thanks
I came from a Harley Davidson road glide and could take everything I own. Now I need to plan what to pack and where to put it. With the new riding gear I can loose the rain gear etc. Most of the things I'm doing is new to me.
If you have any questions, there are many here that will gladly help you. That is what we are about.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Anyone using a sw-motech quick-lock Pro city tank bag? The thing looks like it would be easy to get on and off to fuel the bike. The BMW one I had on a S1000xr was kind of a pain but worked well.
I've been using the older EVO style tankring mounts and SW-Motech tank bags for years. Really easy to remove at gas stops and well made. The Pro line seems to be a nice improvement over the EVO, which worked very well. I love that the bag does not sit on the tank paint.

My old strap on bags worked fine and were easy enough to deal with at stops, but the SW-Motech quicklock bags are a nice step up.

craydds

Premier Member
Anyone using a sw-motech quick-lock Pro city tank bag? The thing looks like it would be easy to get on and off to fuel the bike. The BMW one I had on a S1000xr was kind of a pain but worked well.
Conan, that is exactly the tank bag that I have on my 2019 R1250RT and I really like it. I tried the Pro Micro tank bag, but it was just too... micro. The Pro City bag is perfect.

Thats what I got was the Pro City Bag it seems great really like the way it comes off and on the tank. Thanks for the reply.
I just ordered a Corbin seat and highway pegs from Illum. Like Corbin seats but up in the air on the highway pegs.