Taptalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farkleit

Premier Member
Hey Skidoo. How do i get this forum to show up in taptalk?
I have the FJR and OZSTOC on taptalk.
Now youve stopped zig zagging Australia maybe you can address this

Skidoo

Premier Member
Good question but I haven't heard of taptalk, when I get a chance I'd check it out but have a few days paperwork to do first :eek:

Farkleit

Premier Member
Yes the forum works but needs seperate log in. Taptalk show the forum posts etc once you log in to taptalk. When your trying to look at several forums its just easier via taptalk. It needs somthing turning on in the back end of the site i presume.

Farkleit

Premier Member
Any chance to investigate further yet.
I know the FJR and OZSTOC forums both have active Taptalk. You have one access app into taptalk on your phone and then can easily switch between each forum

Ignacio

IBR Finisher
I'm an administrator at fjrforum.com with about 10,000 members and looked at instituting Tapatalk.

No way!

Didn't like the way they embedded themselves into the securest parts of the forum software ( potential security issue), required regular updates (more administrator work and another potential security issue), and added hassle of potential expected support for Tapatalk. I've found this and other forums come up great on iPhones & Androids great natively in various browsers just fine!

I also have found extensive conversations on a forum for forum admins with concerns about the product including delayed-patch security issues, scope-creep, and troubling activity on the server side.

Last edited:

Farkleit

Premier Member
Your obviously not the administrator for the FJR forum in Australia. Thommo and the crew have it on taptalk and its great tool when u are dealing with multiple forums and as the user u want to access from a single app instead of multiple websites.

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Farkleit I dont have or use Tapatalk but on my Android this forum and Thommo's Aussie FJR forum both work fine.

This forum has faster access to the "new posts" which is where I go to first.

What forum did that screenshot you posted above come from? I see pics in posts on my phone here.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Forum works well on a Windows Phone. Even works weel on the Telstra buskTick phone.
Tapatalk? just floss no-one needs mate unless your after some other stuff in the sigline.

Geting good weather and fuel finders and links to a nationwide motel chain is more important. All works fine on a 4 year old phone.

Farkleit

Premier Member
Farkleit I dont have or use Tapatalk but on my Android this forum and Thommo's Aussie FJR forum both work fine.

This forum has faster access to the "new posts" which is where I go to first.

What forum did that screenshot you posted above come from? I see pics in posts on my phone here.
It was a screenshot of Taptalk

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
Thats a shame and disapointing.
This is 2016
I'm on a couple of forums that run Xenforo...and on a few more that use some variant of Vbulletin, that have the TT plug-in enabled.

Try pulling it up on your phone; it's really not that bad.

Besides, much like heated discussions with rally masters, in the end, the boss is right!

Brookester

Premier Member
My $0.02c worth...
Firstly this is an International Forum and would probably be problematic to just have a section such as IBA Aus on Tapatalk - so question would probably be best placed under the main IBA General Discussion thread
Secondly I noted reference to the likes of OzSTOC..whilst yes they do use it they have had multiple security issues sometimes taking the whole forum offline for days
I am happy the way it is and can set notifications and stuff under preferences so no biggy.
Cheers n Beers Brooke

tj189

Premier Member
My $0.02c worth...
Firstly this is an International Forum and would probably be problematic to just have a section such as IBA Aus on Tapatalk - so question would probably be best placed under the main IBA General Discussion thread
Secondly I noted reference to the likes of OzSTOC..whilst yes they do use it they have had multiple security issues sometimes taking the whole forum offline for days
I am happy the way it is and can set notifications and stuff under preferences so no biggy.
Cheers n Beers Brooke
Thanks Brooke, great comments in your second paragraph.

The query was passed to Mike and Ira, with the response posted above - The IBA has no plans along these lines.

No problems for Australian riders asking questions on the IBA Australia forum, nor is it if they wish to post anywhere on the IBA forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.