The "100k Club"

Jim in FL

Premier Member
The 100k can be completed on multiple bikes, right?
I'm still doing the planning to see if I can make it work, but I'm seriously looking at this for next year. I'd like to do the whole thing on my Pan Am, but I'll be tracking mileage on my backup bike (Road Glide) when the Pan Am's down for maintenance - just in case.

Jim in Florida

100,000 miles in one year !
Is anyone attempting this ride this year?
I had another rider (Who has accomplished this ride) share with me how he did it and I found his
method very interesting (I may even use it during the course of the year)
I would like some ideas on the method that other riders would use in attempting this ride.
At this point in time, I am considering this feat… still not willing to commit 100%, but I am feeling the
waters. I am still working full time, so consider that.
At this point in time I am riding a BBG every weekend, but will have to double up in the future. This
would mean finishing up #2 BBG at 4 am and going to work at 6:30 am on Monday mornings.
Please share how you would attempt this ride (Or have done this ride) Any Ideas or thoughts will
be appreciated.
Thanks, Tony
I think I just busted 90K miles with 7 weeks to go!!

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
You can do it Ken. But the riders that have done it all agree, you really, really have to want it to get those miles in. You picked a tough job for that year and it's not very forgiving if you want to take a break! The US starts to look damn small when you're pounding out 100k in a year. Good luck and take care of yourself.

Firstpeke

Is that like doing a Forrest Gump, except on a motorcycle?

This sort of venture went through my mind, probably for around a half hour....

Much respect for anyone who attempts this, even more if you do crack it.....

I feel old suddenly....