The big step

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
I have signed off for retirement from work all being well it will be 30th June.
I am at the RTE 25th Mar staying Friday night so anyone can buy me a beer:D

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
-6 years for me, best days work I ever did, the day I retired. You young whippersnappers keep working hard I'm enjoying the abundance of the State Pension you are providing for me.

Ah what to do today; walk the dog, school run, lunch with my wife, Million Dollar Quartet (matinee pensioners special), nice evening meal, Metro Travel on Gold Pensioner Pass, early to bed. Living the dream.

Love, light and kindness,

Dave

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
You know, Dave, those lessons you took in how to win friends and influence people have really paid off, haven't they?

On the other hand, I was sound asleep at 7 am this morning...

Regards,
Wage Slave

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
You know, Dave, those lessons you took in how to win friends and influence people have really paid off, haven't they?

On the other hand, I was sound asleep at 7 am this morning...

Regards,
Wage Slave
It comes to all those who wait.........and pay into the system.

Love, light and kindness,

Dave

good luck hell of a big step. I'm thinking of doing the same but still debating every one I speak to tell me how great retirement is not sure about this bus pass idea though and all prices come down when your 65 even ferries

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
good luck hell of a big step. I'm thinking of doing the same but still debating every one I speak to tell me how great retirement is not sure about this bus pass idea though and all prices come down when your 65 even ferries
I was the same i have been like a fart in a colander since i turned sixty five here i am two years later so make the move whilst i have the good health to enjoy it. Had my bus pass for seven years now bus,underground,DLR, and overground rail after 9 am for us sarf London boys and girls, everyone i speak to says how great it is, carpe diem.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
2 years retired so only worked30 weeks in 2017.
I enjoy working to get the extra cash to ride.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I'm in the building game and should have bought property when i could instead of enjoying myself. Did do up a couple of properties to finance a car and a family holidauy in florida when the kids were young

John Young

Triumph Triple expert.
I'm in the building game and should have bought property when i could instead of enjoying myself. Did do up a couple of properties to finance a car and a family holidauy in florida when the kids were young
I'm in the opposite camp. We have lots of properties - but not yet totally paid for which is why I've got a least 5 years to go .......:(

I rather suspect that whatever one does, it's invariably the wrong decision .....