The big step

30th of June least that is a decision and something to aim for.. good point on the health while your still able to do is the way I'm looking at it. its a hell of a decision seen several people go to early then come back because there board or miss work lonely etc. hopefully we're all well motivated enough in our chosen pass times not to miss work, lots of places to ride to still.

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Tried retirement 11 years ago. Simultaneously went stir crazy and developed more expensive hobbies. Now I am self-employed and loving every minute.

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
Quick update going a week early 26th June, exploring some coarse fork truck operators cert three day coarse reach or counter balance £850.00 is that a fair price or can i get a bit off being a pensioner?

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
The week seems to go in slow motion at the moment as I am not getting up for work, just had a letter from HMRC I am getting a right kicking on money that is mine tax paid already so a little part time job means I will be giving them even more money i don't mind a joke but fuck a pantomime.

Last edited:
ah its November again Frosty mornings go to work in the dark come home in the dark rains most of the time well in commuting hours because I'm stuck in a building with no daylight does the daylight come on in November?
well today was different first real frosty morning of the year - took the dog a walk after breakfast, then had another cup of tea. hmm what shall I do its rather sunny and pleasant...... got the bike out the sun was shinning brightly all the bumper to bumper commuter traffic had vanished off the road - where have all the cars gone oh they seem to be sat on car parks outside business's
golly pleasant little ride out in the sunshine has November always been like this and I've just missed it?

Rusjel

Premier Member
Phil (and others),

You are welcome, I look forward to supporting you for many years to come (boo hoo).

Ian
Well I'm glad some of the LD riding clan aren't grey hairs! Seriously though I can't imagine coming to a complete stop, trying to organise some part time work a day or two per week for when I retire in 6 years.

Had a taste of doing nothing for about 18 months while fighting cancer a few years back. Didn't like it, I enjoy making a little contribution too the effort and the workplace interactions, even the people I don't like have their value.

owl*

Rally Bonus checker
IBA Member
I had some great news this week - I'm being made redundant!

I was going to retire in January, but my company stepped in just before I handed in my notice and told me that I will be made redundant on 31st December.

Instead of getting a card signed by people who hardly know me, and fading quietly away, they will now have to pay me 6 months salary :)