The Dam Hard To Say Roundup - OCTOBER 27/28 - 30 Hours - Taree NSW

Looks like I will be riding solo for the October Rally, my pillion has declared a preference for assisting the Rally Master as opposed to the joys of 30 hours on the bike going to places unknown.
Looks like I will be riding solo for the October Rally, my pillion has declared a preference for assisting the Rally Master as opposed to the joys of 30 hours on the bike going to places unknown.
I can totally understand where she is coming from!

Nico

Well-known Member. Moderator
Can't do this one Annette, as it clashes with a very important double 60th celebration...
but I do like the look of the new one...
(it's been a while since I got manic about something!)

This rally will be a really good one for first time ralliers. If you’ve often thought about doing a rally, but you’re not really sure that all that computer routing stuff is your thing, then this one has some variations that might suit you.

I will send out a base route to all the registered participants at the end of September - I’ll let you all know the date as it gets closer.

You will have plenty of time to either put the base route into a mapping programme, or manually into your GPS, or even onto a paper map. All the bonus locations and waypoints for the base route will be given to you, so that if your plan is just to do the base route and be a finisher, you can be well organised. The base route will be around 1666kms, which should be easily covered in the 30 hours of the rally.

It will still be a challenge, as all long distance riding is, but it will be a tad easier than the normal rally routing that you are expected to do.

If you want to attack it like a standard rally though, and go for the route planning and big points, you’ll get sent the base route along with everyone else, but the night before the rally you will also be handed your rally pack with many extra bonus locations in it. Therein will be your challenge. Do you choose the base route, do a combo off the base route and a few extra bonuses along the way, or go he’ll for leather for the big points?

Join in. Either way that you choose to do it, it’s gonna be fun.

Fatman

Annette, I tried to register this morning for the rally and I couldn't pay the $75 for rider/pillion entry.. Any clues?

It stated I have to have the mandatory item which was a rider only registration for $50.

Annette, I tried to register this morning for the rally and I couldn't pay the $75 for rider/pillion entry.. Any clues?

It stated I have to have the mandatory item which was a rider only registration for $50.
I think there is a button under the $75 fee that says purchase now or something like that. Click that button. It tripped me up when I registered as a staff member too. You click the box on the right, but then you still have to click the purchase button on the left. Try that.