The Dam Hard To Say Roundup - OCTOBER 27/28 - 30 Hours - Taree NSW

Philmor

Premier Member
Firstly a big thanks to Annette and Bill for organising the roundup (rally) and also to Shane (Warchild) and Ox.

Congratulation to the odds on favourites, Martin and Rebecca for their “Winx like” win - well prepared and just too good at the finish.

2nd favourite, Scott McPherson lived up to expectations and continues to improve - keep a close eye on him in the next rally.

Ed Brown (Slick Eddie) came from a long way back to claim third place on his home track.

Tabledrain found the heavy weight, of carrying Australia’s LD Rallying hopes, just too much in this rally.

Well done to all riders and pillions - no DNF’s.

I learned a lot from this rally.
Just because the Rally master says to take a photo of the town sign. That does not mean there is, ever was or ever will be a damn town SIGN.

As a matter of fact, that also does not mean that there is, ever was or ever will be a damn TOWN. Damn.

Just because “the powers that be” put up a prominent sign showing that this massive body of water you are looking at is Lake Lyell, that does not mean that there is not some obscure damn “Lyell Dam” sign the Rallymaster expected you to find hidden in some snake infested backwater location. Damn.

Just because a local local resident is 100 per cent sure that the sign showing the name of Bushmans Dam IS around the other side of the lake (dam) does not mean that the sign IS there. For the second time in the dark of night, I became 100 per cent sure that the damn dam sign was NOT there. Don’t believe the locals they know absolutely nothing about their local area. Damn.

Damn town Signs, damn Dams, damn Rallymasters, damn Locals, damn, damn, damn.

They should have just called it The Damn Roundup (Rally).

But I had damn lots of fun. :D:D

Firstly a big thanks to Annette and Bill for organising the roundup (rally) and also to Shane (Warchild) and Ox.

Congratulation to the odds on favourites, Martin and Rebecca for their “Winx like” win - well prepared and just too good at the finish.

2nd favourite, Scott McPherson lived up to expectations and continues to improve - keep a close eye on him in the next rally.

Ed Brown (Slick Eddie) came from a long way back to claim third place on his home track.

Tabledrain found the heavy weight, of carrying Australia’s LD Rallying hopes, just too much in this rally.

Just because the Rally master says to take a photo of the town sign. That does not mean there is, ever was or ever will be a damn town SIGN.

As a matter of fact, that also does not mean that there is, ever was or ever will be a damn TOWN. Damn.

Just because “the powers that be” put up a prominent sign showing that this massive body of water you are looking at is Lake Lyell, that does not mean that there is not some obscure damn “Lyell Dam” sign the Rallymaster expected you to find hidden in some snake infested backwater location. Damn.

Just because a local local resident is 100 per cent sure that the sign showing the name of Bushmans Dam IS around the other side of the lake (dam) does not mean that the sign IS there. For the second time in the dark of night, I became 100 per cent sure that the damn dam sign was NOT there. Don’t believe the locals they know absolutely nothing about their local area. Damn.

D

Dams will now have a permanent psychological impact on you. Hahaha

Rusjel

Premier Member
Well done to all! I will try to get to a future one. Issues with Dad and my old dog continue to mess with my spare time.

Crappy, so sorry to hear about your bike and so pleased you are in one piece. It's bike shopping time!

Philmor

Premier Member
Can someone confirm - for the extra half hour after four, for the sleep bonus, was the points 500 or 5000?
Hi Olly

Extra rest attracted 500 (five hundred) points per full extra 30 minutes of rest up to a maximum of 2000 extra points (i.e. for 2 hours extra rest), as per rule 11. Rest Bonus.

I would have DNF’ed if I had taken more that the 4hours minimum rest.
When and where is the next rally? :cool::cool:
I need to exorcise all those stuff ups I made....... :D

Hi Olly

Extra rest attracted 500 (five hundred) points per full extra 30 minutes of rest up to a maximum of 2000 extra points (i.e. for 2 hours extra rest), as per rule 11. Rest Bonus.

Me too! ‍♀️‍♀️

Olaf Moon

"And I think to myself...."
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Hi Olly

PhilMor
You cannot possibly have made as many stuff-ups as me. I was the real champion at them for this Rally. Without a doubt it was my first rally in Australia and easily my worst ever. My head was just not in it, after the GLENDAM disaster. I will blog my story in time and you can all get a laugh.
I mean "tell us what is wrong with the name on the hat?" - easy, Damn was spelt incorrectly. But no that was WRONG! And ALL of this happened after my side-case split and put about a litre of hot engine oil up my trouser leg. And I do like this KLIM suit!

Olaf Moon

"And I think to myself...."
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Can someone confirm if this is just Annette's second competitive rally after TAR? or Was there another, other than GoT?