The No Ride Rally 36hrs collecting photos

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
The IBA UK “no ride” rally
36 hour Bonus Scatter Rally.
Develop your skills at route planning and navigation while avoiding boredom over the locked-down Easter weekend. You'll not ride to places you might otherwise visit, you'll not ride roads known only to a few. You'll stay away from like-minded souls and your long-suffering spouse and enjoy telling yourself about the "ones that got away".
Go on, you know you want to …
Start 8am Saturday 11th April finish 8 pm Sunday 12th April
Bonuses will be right across Great Britain, you’ll need some fine, theoretical, long-distance riding skills. Bonus list and GPX file will be issued to riders at 8am on Saturday 11th April.
Plan your route on the clock starting at one of the bonuses.
Find a picture of the bonus on the web. Use Google maps to find your time to your next bonus. Take a screenshot/Print to PDF of the route and mail in the two pictures to score the bonus by attaching the two pictures to an email. The Subject should comprise four items separated by commas: Rider Number, Bonus number or ‘Fuel’, Odo, time. You may claim the next bonus after the shortest time the Google map says you will take to get there. If you are early you will be penalized for speeding, you won’t like it.
You will be riding the famous Norton Interceptor 350 which has a tank range of exactly 140 miles. Don't run out of fuel or you will be penalized, you won’t like it. Just send an email of the bonus and route to the fuel stop. At the fuel stop send a screenshot of your route to the next bonus.
There will be a compulsory sleep bonus from 00.00hrs to 06.00hrs on Sunday 12th April when you should stay still. Start sleep by sending an email heading Rider Number, Sleep, Odo, Time.; end the sleep by sending another email Rider Number, Sleep, Odo, time.
The rally ends at 8pm Sunday 12th April. Ranked list of finishers published on the IBA UK roll of honour
Your entry fee of £0 will ensure your equal share of the prize money of £0.
Enter by emailing [email protected] with a Subject of ‘No ride’ followed by your name.

220px-SilburyHill_gobeirne.jpg Screenshot_20200323-135540.png

Last edited:

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
If my memory serves me, we did this once before and Bob Stammers fell off and had to be virtually picked up by John Young.
Kim cocked up a call in bonus and I lost my receipts.
Got to ask is someone checking for speeding ?
Yes

Robert Higgs

After damn near 45 years of left hand gearchange I'm sure I'll get used to the virtual right hand gearchange after a few miles - still, I guess if I hit the rear brake pedal by mistake the effect of that old drum brake won't be as dramatic as the rear disc on my Tiger.....

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
R....B..... using your infinite technical skills could you put a couple of images of emails as they should appear for Bonus to Bonus and also Bonus to Fuel

Thanks

IT challenged

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
Can the emails be sent one after the other once we have perfected our route. Or do we have to wait until the virtual time we get to the next bonus?
Do we have to allow time at Bonuses and fuel stops?
Don't want to incur heavy penalty's for speeding :eek::eek:.

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
No USA entries. :eek:Must be concerned about virtually riding on the right side of the road, that being the left.;)

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Can the emails be sent one after the other once we have perfected our route. Or do we have to wait until the virtual time we get to the next bonus?
Do we have to allow time at Bonuses and fuel stops?
Don't want to incur heavy penalty's for speeding :eek::eek:.
Wait patiently for the further and better particulars incorporated in the revised, updated and modernised, child(and IBA member)proof instructions available later this week

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
No USA entries. :eek:Must be concerned about virtually riding on the right side of the road, that being the left.;)
I don't see that anywhere...surely it's open to anyone as it's posted on here, and location shouldn't matter....time difference, yes.