Thirsty Zig Zag 2000K (SS2000K on sub 300cc scooter), 4th-5th June 2022

Hi All
I think I will start this report from the middle and then I will continue it when I get a chance.. or .. nevermind.

Everything started with a message from my work colleague that he will be running some wine tasting sessions at Zig Zag Rd Wines (Drummond North VIC). Without thinking too much I said I would be more than happy to pop in to one of these sessions to say hi and try one (or two, all within legal limits) sip(s) of wine. Everything started in a pretty standard way. I flipped a coin and Rama (my scooter) won the selection stage ;)
20220604_013120 (Large).jpg There was only one problem - going from Gosford down to the winery and back was just under 2000K so I had to somehow fix it. So I decided to wake up a bit earlier and started around 1.50 from Ampol West Gosford (west bound), then went up to Cameron Park first in order to fix the distance related (quite annoying) problem.
20220604_025312 (Small).jpg
(Some praying facility helped to improve the overall time)
20220604_080727 (Small).jpg
20220604_080711 (Small).jpg
The ride, overall, was very pleasant, with temperatures ranging in between 4C and 11C. I also managed to connect my heated liner and gloves to the XMax so the low temperatures did not matter too much, so then it started raining.
20220604_133214 (Small).jpg
So obviously, it rained, primarily in Victoria, but I quickly forgot about the nasty weather (and the offroading chucked in by Google Maps for some extra drop of adrenaline) when I saw the sign

20220604_142039 (Small).jpg
20220604_142440 (Small).jpg
20220604_151812 (Small).jpg
As because it was supposed to be a social scoot to this winery, I stayed there for over an hour.. For those familiar with the amazing performance of sub 300cc scooters I must add that it did not help to achieve the overall goal, however the chat was really good, the wine was great, it was raining outside for most of the time, and it was nice and cosy inside :)
So I finally forced myself to get out and then had to grow some wings to catch up with my pre-planned goal to stay under 24 hours! Long story short, and I will elaborate another time :p I did make it, yaaaay! but it was quite close (1.31am on the following day was the oficial finish time)

Anyhow, I have to go, but it was fun and now I am waiting for the lovely SS2000K certificate and the 2000K sticker @Chris Wiltshire ;)

So another glorious return, exactly 24h later - safe at home
20220605_015047 (Small).jpg

Tele

Premier Member
Riding to a wine tasting is a most credible and reasonable endeavour. It lends an air of "poshness" to this IBA caper, and I think that should warrant a special mention in certificate dispatches. The conditions added the extra challenge (as if riding a scooter for 24hrs isn't a challenge in itself). I find ways to whinge and bitch on a 1200 GS. Great ride, thanks for the report and the photos. inspirational stuff.

(I rode around 2000klms over the four day weekend ... we stayed in regional pubs, so you could say wine tasting and beer tasting were certainly the motivating factors .... no certificates for me, but no demerits either, so that was positive). Congratulations on another stellar effort BB77000!

Biggles

Premier Member
Pretty impressive effort, as already attested. I'm so soft I ride my fully faired, big windscreen Honda when it's wet, rather than the half-faired, small screen V-Strom. So you're very welcome to toughing it out on the Scoot- no envy here! Will see you on it at Nambucca. I'll be on the Honda. ;)

Mate, your a sick puppy. Riding in the rain and off road on a scooter just for a wine. Love your priorities.

Fantastic ride, I enjoyed the read and pics, well done! Suppose you didn’t knock off another ride one on the way home o_O
Haha, yeah nah, the ending was a bit misleading, blame me for everything haha
But seriously, had to cut the report short as I'm prepping my Ultra for a "slow" trip to Darwin, with my mate, via Wagga, Mildura, The Rock (plus some random offroading there), then to Darwin. So no certificates, just exploration and .. wine / whiskey / beer tastings

Riding to a wine tasting is a most credible and reasonable endeavour. It lends an air of "poshness" to this IBA caper, and I think that should warrant a special mention in certificate dispatches. The conditions added the extra challenge (as if riding a scooter for 24hrs isn't a challenge in itself). I find ways to whinge and bitch on a 1200 GS. Great ride, thanks for the report and the photos. inspirational stuff.

(I rode around 2000klms over the four day weekend ... we stayed in regional pubs, so you could say wine tasting and beer tasting were certainly the motivating factors .... no certificates for me, but no demerits either, so that was positive). Congratulations on another stellar effort BB77000!
Can totally relate, @Tele . We will be travelling to Darwin while tasting a lot, and the trip starts tomorrow, yaaaaay!

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Well done and thanks for sharing the brief tale. I used to collect wine by the case from a favorite winery every season. They would call me when it was in stock, I'd piddle off to pick it up on the bike. I would get a lot of looks with 2 cases of wine on the fuel cell! Good wine is worth the ride every time.