Thoughts/Idea's/Criticism .. Curtin Springs Get together.

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I would definitely be interested but as my weekends are committed to the brewery I could only do mid week rides that time of year. If any dates could be arranged that include weekdays count me in.

Coldcomfort

I would definitely be interested but as my weekends are committed to the brewery I could only do mid week rides that time of year. If any dates could be arranged that include weekdays count me in.
Mid week is almost a certainty .... Thoughts being that it would give 3 odd days each side of the gathering for transit. A Wednesday night is a high chance..... Be great to catch up again.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Time frame would work well for June than maybe July Brian if you follow the logic. As announced at Renmark the Muster will be held at the same date/ weekend next year.
So with that in mind a rider would get time between the muster and better than a full month to get sorted before your ride then about a similar time gap before the Border Run or a little longer before the Memorial Rides.
Just sayin

Brookester

Premier Member
Gheez...see what happens when ya have 10 or 12 pints with fellow IBA Riders on a Friday night in The Alice :confused: :p :eek: :D I best be in for this one then....sure we can't do 1st week of July this year as well???

Edit - have cross posted to DRA

Last edited:

Coldcomfort

Thoughts on the 13th or 20th of June 2018??? Its a long ways away but a big commitment for most in time and $$. For those that like camping note that un powered camping sites are free with a small fee for a hot shower.... Be prepared for possible zero degree nights.....

Brookester

Premier Member
Might I suggest Wed April 25th? Could do an IBA Anzac Day Ride, only 2 days leave either side, far enough away from Border Run and far enough away from Easter 2018 which is April 1st.

Daisy

Premier Member
Be prepared for possible zero degree nights.....
We stayed at Erldunda last July and there was ice on my bike in the morning. Temp was around minus 4. I actually did a happy dance when it hit zero just before Mount Ebeneezer.
I think we might be tempted back for your get together. After being so disappointed at Uluru last year I wished we'd gone to Kings Canyon instead.

Coldcomfort

We stayed at Erldunda last July and there was ice on my bike in the morning. Temp was around minus 4. I actually did a happy dance when it hit zero just before Mount Ebeneezer.
I think we might be tempted back for your get together. After being so disappointed at Uluru last year I wished we'd gone to Kings Canyon instead.
It would be nice to catch up Daisy. I agree with your thoughts on the rock. Perhaps it would not be so bad if it didn't hit the hip pocket so hard. Kings a canyon is free and I would say much better.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Ok Easter is April 1st according to Brook's post.
So that would put the Muster after Easter but in that same" leave time window" which makes good big rides possible, and that's another plan all together and nothing to do with CC's event. BUT it does make for a good time line gap if June was as per OP's post.
"June or July" I remember from the first post.
Anyway I think Ox is about to put out some miles starting asap.
Hi Brian hows things? How is your flight hours going and the new plane?

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Woth any luck i might be in some place like Ceduna or Port Lincoln. Good for nt folk and wa guys and the crew from tassie too.
And if tassie riders are so good as to do it in s boat then the qld crew have a good chance to.
Hows things Brian?

Brookester

Premier Member
So April 7th for Muster, August 4th for Border Run.....June 20th sounds about good in the middle although most might want to only take the Friday/Monday 2 day leave option making Sat June 16th probably a more do-able option??? Make an afternoon exotic beer meet followed by dinner???

kwaka

Premier Member
Thanks Kwaka. Any clues on the location?
If I knew that it would already be common knowledge mate.

AFAIK, the location has yet to be determined. I did note that Skidoo was taking the "scenic route" home from Renmark so he may be including a scouting mission on said route.

I can say this, heard from a reliable source that the aim is to try and muster as many IBA riders as possible, so that's the only clue as to where the most likely area of Oz the muster will be held in.

Coldcomfort

If I knew that it would already be common knowledge mate.

AFAIK, the location has yet to be determined. I did note that Skidoo was taking the "scenic route" home from Renmark so he may be including a scouting mission on said route.

I can say this, heard from a reliable source that the aim is to try and muster as many IBA riders as possible, so that's the only clue as to where the most likely area of Oz the muster will be held in.
Thanks Mate, I think that I will just sit tight on this one and see what happens to transpire ..... It might work out well for the Tassie folk and the Western folk if the muster and this get together dates were close. Or maybe not ??? Bloody cats.