TigerBill hit a roo.

IBA-Tiger

Thx Guys & Gals for the well-wishes.
Swann finally agreed to the total write-off offer, as per policy.
They also agreed to pay purchase price on the Klim jacket & pants, and the waterproof Triumph gloves: can't complain about that.
Now to keep up the swimming and physio, and get off the meds........

HACKLE

Bill, yellow and orange don't go together well. But I could see a new Triumph Tiger going well with the gloves. Just saying.

IBA-Tiger

Bugger.
Physio this morning has put my RH little finger in a straight splint - for 6 weeks!
Continuing problems with Right foot also, but getting there slowly.

Retrospective advice to self - don't fall off at 110 kph....

Tele

Premier Member
Bugger.
Physio this morning has put my RH little finger in a straight splint - for 6 weeks!
Continuing problems with Right foot also, but getting there slowly.

Retrospective advice to self - don't fall off at 110 kph....
:D:D

I keep thinking "don't fall off at any speed" .... I admire your courage in falling off at 110kph ;)
I'm very sorry to hear of this set back Bill. You'll look very stylish drinking your cup of tea :)

Fransvdm

Premier Member
No good falling off at any speed. I was lucky. I hit a roo at 110km on the gps with cruise control and managed to keep the bike on the Michelin commander 2's which are supposed to be on the road at all times. This happened on Thursday morning in daylight between Marla & Coober Pedy.

IBA-Tiger

The versys is dead – long live the versys!

As some may have heard, I seriously ‘bent’ my Black 2010 Versys 650, the LD ‘bike acquired from one of Ox-34’s ‘experiments’, on the way to Renmark on 7th April 2017, in company with Ox-34 pillioning Nevertire Nic.

About 11:30 am, half-way between Nyngan and Cobar, west of Hermidale, just over a slight rise, hit a ‘Roo at approx. 110 kph.

I won’t bore you with the gory details; suffice to say I experienced the full ‘Trauma Team’ at Dubbo Base Hospital, released after four days, albeit in a wheelchair.
“ATGATT” was bloody good ‘Insurance’, and I didn’t begrudge the Team cutting the Klim pants & Jacket off (and Skinz, Merino top & leggings, and socks!).
Swann Insurance paid up the full original purchase price of the Klim gear. Arai XD-3 helmet trashed also, but did it’s job well. Boots worn right through on one side, and sole partly ripped off on the other foot.
Already visited AdventureMoto, new Klim Jacket, Pants and Helmet acquired. Still looking at boots and gloves.

Insurance Assessor rang me from the dealer, and started with “You know it’s a write-off don’t you”?
The dealer had stopped counting at $8,500 in parts, not counting the $1,200 each for the front forks, and not including labour! Looked like a bent main frame as well…..

So, what to do? With Min. War & Finance’s ‘blessing’ (more like “For Better or For Worse, But not for Lunch”) I started on a Short List, then Peter/Ox realised he had to do a ‘Bike-Count Rationalisation’, so, I now have a 2015 Orange Versys 650 ABS!

Now, once I can walk properly, and get rid of the second cast on my RH pinky, I may get to ride again!

Farkleit

Premier Member
The versys is dead – long live the versys!

As some may have heard, I seriously ‘bent’ my Black 2010 Versys 650, the LD ‘bike acquired from one of Ox-34’s ‘experiments’, on the way to Renmark on 7th April 2017, in company with Ox-34 pillioning Nevertire Nic.

About 11:30 am, half-way between Nyngan and Cobar, west of Hermidale, just over a slight rise, hit a ‘Roo at approx. 110 kph.

I won’t bore you with the gory details; suffice to say I experienced the full ‘Trauma Team’ at Dubbo Base Hospital, released after four days, albeit in a wheelchair.
“ATGATT” was bloody good ‘Insurance’, and I didn’t begrudge the Team cutting the Klim pants & Jacket off (and Skinz, Merino top & leggings, and socks!).
Swann Insurance paid up the full original purchase price of the Klim gear. Arai XD-3 helmet trashed also, but did it’s job well. Boots worn right through on one side, and sole partly ripped off on the other foot.
Already visited AdventureMoto, new Klim Jacket, Pants and Helmet acquired. Still looking at boots and gloves.

Insurance Assessor rang me from the dealer, and started with “You know it’s a write-off don’t you”?
The dealer had stopped counting at $8,500 in parts, not counting the $1,200 each for the front forks, and not including labour! Looked like a bent main frame as well…..

So, what to do? With Min. War & Finance’s ‘blessing’ (more like “For Better or For Worse, But not for Lunch”) I started on a Short List, then Peter/Ox realised he had to do a ‘Bike-Count Rationalisation’, so, I now have a 2015 Orange Versys 650 ABS!

Now, once I can walk properly, and get rid of the second cast on my RH pinky, I may get to ride again!

this looks good. and its bright enough that any wayward skippy might even see this in the dark.
hope your onto that saddle real soon bill.
Cheers

Skidoo

Premier Member
Nice ride there Bill. That was a nasty altercation with the roo and glad you're almost fully healed and ready to ride again. Hope to see you on the road agin when we're both riding :)

Tele

Premier Member
A wonderful aquisition Bill. Very kind of Peter and Nic to run this one in for you. I hope you and the new Kwaka are very happy together. ... for many years and many miles

Rusjel

Premier Member
We chatted about this post the ACT insanity and I was/am very happy for you as you have found a beastie you really enjoy.

When are we going to see Blue Tigger again though?

IBA-Tiger

Hi Russ,
"Blue Tigger" has been de-farkled, and is now a 'Show Pony' - won 2 Concourse awards at the 2016 Triumph National Rally - not going to part with that one!