Tirpitz Memorial Ride. Cancelled

rolf-arne

Premier Member
When driving by Trondheim , a little bit before airport , you just have to have a pic at the sign for the town called "Hell" . 1574780620439.png 1574780620439.png

Last edited:

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
do we have a gpx for this trip or is it up to the riders to plan? asking for a friend
I have a basic route, which will have the points to prove distance and photo op locations, along with times for photos. It will be up to the individual rider to add their fuel and rest stops. This gives greater flexibility for individual riding styles. Also allows for paired riding. I will sort out emails/gpx in the new year.

I have updated first post.

Splitter142

Premier Member
I have a basic route, which will have the points to prove distance and photo op locations, along with times for photos. It will be up to the individual rider to add their fuel and rest stops. This gives greater flexibility for individual riding styles. Also allows for paired riding. I will sort out emails/gpx in the new year.

I have updated first post.
Well that will do ever so well. I'm sure Mr Ferguson (safariferg) and myself should be able to do that

GSears

Premier Member
IBA Member
OUTBOUND TIME CHANGED SEE POST 78 BELOW

Chunnel Booked for trip out. Prices are rising. I figure if I arrive after 05:20 I can probably get the next train. But gives a margin up to 09:20 in case of problems on the way down.

Ticket times.JPG
Can always amend the booking for the return at a later date if plans change.

Train times 03:20................ 06:20.................. 06:36.................. 06:50.................... 07:20

Last edited:

Splitter142

Premier Member
Just throwing this out to all and sundry. I was unable to attend this ride and I assume due to the cv19 outbreak that it is not going to take place this year, is there any plans for this trip being reorganised to date in 2021?

rolf-arne

Premier Member
I will try to keep you informed about Cov-id 19 rules in Norway - as for now you will be carantened for 14 days - passing the border.. we hope for ease after may - but no one knows

GSears

Premier Member
IBA Member
Just throwing this out to all and sundry. I was unable to attend this ride and I assume due to the cv19 outbreak that it is not going to take place this year, is there any plans for this trip being reorganised to date in 2021?
Waiting for Travel rules nearer the time. Haven't booked any continental accommodation yet. If its on will probably camp/bivvy.

michiel kerkhof

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Same here for the aug RTE not cancelled as yet but continues to look unlikely.....on may 15 I'll decide if or not Slovenia is going to be june 2021......

rolf-arne

Premier Member
Same here for the aug RTE not cancelled as yet but continues to look unlikely.....on may 15 I'll decide if or not Slovenia is going to be june 2021......
For riding in Norway - we hope for adjustments mid june.. I have canselled all my riding out of my county until july - but I`ll have 200 km to the nearest town and can travel more than 1500 km without using the same road twice.... lucky me.

GSears

Premier Member
IBA Member
For those still interested in the ride can you PM me your email addresses and I'll send you the basic route and rules, so that you can ad your fuel and rest stops to suit your riding style. Something to do and look forward to during lock down.

started watching the video !! what the hells a honey fax? i,ve no sound on my computer so just sub titles. i,m pretty sure its meant to refer to the halifax bomber made by handley page.
most of you will probably have sound so it may well be correct with the sound

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Google shows images for Honey Faxes but no explanation seems to be a common name for bombers of that era.

Another very good documentary on 'The Beast' as Churchill called it.

GSears

Premier Member
IBA Member
Changed Train for 06:20 hours. EuroTunnel have been a bit sticky on Bikes going Early on my last couple of trips. Should be down by about 04:30 if times go OK.

1589279887369.png

Will make it a tad easier on the Continent.

GSears

Premier Member
IBA Member