Tirpitz Memorial Ride. Cancelled

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Yes thank you, back at work today...I've been thinking, I know dangerous! Anyone interested in after the Tirpitz, continuing on to Nordkap for some midnight sun action?! Just a thought, seeing as were so close, seems a shame not to....it will require starting on a fresh service as it will be pushing the 6k service interval but I'm nuts and willing to try it, even if by myself.

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Kim Leeson
Premier Member

Yesterday at 6:47 PM

Yes thank you, back at work today...I've been thinking, I know dangerous! Anyone interested in after the Tirpitz, continuing on to Nordkap for some midnight sun action?! Just a thought
Kim what sort of action you looking for ??
Ive been there and other than looking like a scene from Mad Max with all the weird campers there is now't.
Maybe you could persuade Steve Wing to go with you He's from Brighton you know !!.
If i do make this trip and im still a provisional as yet Ill make one in for Nordcap but will take my time riding home rather than the blat down to Gibralter.

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Kim what sort of action you looking for ??
Ive been there and other than looking like a scene from Mad Max with all the weird campers there is now't.
Maybe you could persuade Steve Wing to go with you He's from Brighton you know !!.
If i do make this trip and im still a provisional as yet Ill make one in for Nordcap but will take my time riding home rather than the blat down to Gibralter.
I know what you mean, the more I think about an End2End it sounds a bit mad especially after doing Tirpitz SS3000, as for Nordcapp, I just wanted to tick that box and see some midnight sun :cool:

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
And just to furthur mess up ideas for all....the aug Euro RTE will be on aug 15 most likely the top of Trollstiegen at the usual 467 formula.....
Thanks for the heads-up Giel....that settles it, European E2E is out for me, will do the ERTE on the way down, that will be a nice ride.

jaybee

Latvian rider transport!!!!!!
Premier Member
Colour me interested.
Up for the Nordkapp leg and the ERTE but thing a European E2E will be too much.

Have to wait and see what additional checks the French put in if we Brexit. Might be Harwich to Hook with a big diversion in Germany......
out or in don't think it will make any difference, after all i'm just a tourist and we certainly traveled to france etc before we joined the common market. travelling before then to europe was just a passport check at the border, so why worry