TPMS?

keithu

Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
What's your favorite TPMS system? I have a Multistrada V4S and can get OEM sensors from Ducati for ~$300. They have the advantage of dashboard integration, so one less farkle on the handlebar. But the disadvantage (besides cost) is the tires have to come off for sensor install. I can be convinced of something else.

I see the cheapest/simplest systems are sensors that screw onto the valve stems and then connect to a Bluetooth app. But I'm dubious about how well they seal. I don't want a TPMS that causes air leaks.

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Premier Member
They seal just fine. I use a Sykik from Amazon. Been using it for several years, no problems.
+1 on that. When the batteries died on my Wing's TPMS, I decided to switch to something that gave me an actual pressure reading instead of a warning light.

My Sykik display unit battery charge lasted me almost 5,000 miles on my last CCC ride. I plugged it in to USB power while I was riding and it was fully charged in about 45 minutes.

I'm using T-stems so that I can air up without removing the sensors. Works a treat.

Tep_52

Premier Member
As a mechanic I can tell you that 99% of the time I don't have to dismount tire to replace tpms. Just break one bead an put it in. Now you may want to rebalance your wheels as you just added a weight change if you are not doing a one for one exchange

rneal55555

Premier Member
IBR Finisher

Attachments

Last edited:

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Another option that I just found while searching for T-Valve stems. Moto Track Cruiser 2 Same site, Hawkshead, sells T-valve stems. Claims the sensors for the Moto Track are some of the smallest available. Replaceable batteries on the caps too. Appears to be a Canadian business, a bonus for our upper North American friends. $9 shipping in North America for the T-valve stems, $15 for the TPMS.

Last edited:

rneal55555

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Another option that I just found while searching for T-Valve stems. Moto Track Cruiser 2 Same site, Hawkshead, sells T-valve stems. Claims the sensors for the Moto Track are some of the smallest available. Replaceable batteries on the caps too. Appears to be a Canadian business, a bonus for our upper North American friends. $9 shipping in North America for the T-valve stems, $15 for the TPMS.
Got my valve stems at WingStuff.com https://wingstuff.com/products/37222-t-valve-optional-accessory-for-fobo-2-tpms

keithu

Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher

FLHXHS

Premier Member
Good Morning @keithu

I've had the Harley-Davidson TPMS and it works pretty slick. You can see it on the GPS, and on the odometer display. Once you've tested and proven the [any?] system to yourself - checking the tire pressures is quite simple. I still check tire pressures, but it is less often as I trust my system. To my mind - TPMS is more important on a motorcycle than on a 4 wheeled vehicle.

I considered the Garmin TPMS when it came out, but through inaction, ended up with it on my '17. ;)

Now that I've had it - I wouldn't be without it.

maxrider

Premier Member
For those who run the Sykik system, I had an O ring failure in the sensor, not sure if it was me overtightening the sensor onto the stem, or it got chewed up with the last install on a new tire.

Wrote to Sykik in Los Angeles, and had 3 new O rings send to me in the mail, arrived in 3 days, no charge, great customer service.

Can vouch for their product, have it on 3 motorcycles.