UK Ride To Eat, Hunters bar, Ballycastle, September 29th

Hi folks Sorry to keep you waiting . Bob asked me to see if I could find somewhere around Ballycastle for the 29th September RTE.

I suggest we meet at Hunters Bar 106 Cushendall Road, Ballyvoy Ballycastle BT546RA. N55o 11’57’’ W6o 11’10”. I think the usual meeting time is 12pm. The Bar is just over two miles outside Ballycastle .

For those who might be considering staying on to explore the area the accommodation options include the Ballyvoy Camping Barn high is across the road from the bar. Details can be found at www.ballyvoycampingbarn.com tel 07725588595

There are a full range of accommodation options in Ballycastle including the Marine Hotel , numerous B&Bs and hostels , all of which are biker friendly. There are no camping sites within Ballycastle but a couple can be found between Ballycastle and Bushmills. If anyone would like me to find out some more details re accommodation then just let me know and I will try and help.

I will pass these details to IBA Ireland site and hopefully some folk will be able to join us.

Last edited by a moderator:

GraemeandSally

RBLR 1000
Premier Member
Have we a hotel in mind for Saturday night ?
Am looking at crossing over early sat morning back Sunday it takes in the cheap crossing deal £55 may stop close to ferry Friday depends on work

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
I'll probably ride up Friday evening and stay in Stranraer Friday-Saturday and get the early Ferry. May get afternoon ferry back and stay in Stranraer. Depends on Irish accommodation and Ferry times. Work on Monday......

GraemeandSally

RBLR 1000
Premier Member
I'll probably ride up Friday evening and stay in Stranraer Friday-Saturday and get the early Ferry. May get afternoon ferry back and stay in Stranraer. Depends on Irish accommodation and Ferry times. Work on Monday......
We are back at work Monday too let us know where your stopping may do the same

GSears

Premier Member
IBA Member
Booked the North West Castle Hotel for Friday and Saturday. They have 24 hour front desk....

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
Instead of booking in to a hotel for Saturday evening... you could always consider riding a Governments SS1000. You may not get a better opportunity: south from the RTE, visit Belfast and Dublin, then figure out the best route to visit Cardiff, London and Edinburgh.

Regards,
Martin

GSears

Premier Member
IBA Member
Instead of booking in to a hotel for Saturday evening... you could always consider riding a Governments SS1000. You may not get a better opportunity: south from the RTE, visit Belfast and Dublin, then figure out the best route to visit Cardiff, London and Edinburgh.

Regards,
Martin
Awkward route from Belfast to finish in London.

Going out on the 07:30 and returning on the 19:30. Stena line £45:00

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Hotel North West Castle Fri & Sat Night.
Ferry same as Gordon 7.30 AM out..... 19:30 pm return

Safari Ferg

Safari Ferg, President IBA Ireland
Premier Member
Stena are doing a special for 3 days for £49 for bike and rider, pillion is another £10 (https://www.stenaline.co.uk/bikes)
If you have time the Torr Head Road is a must starting from Cushendun (rebuilt to resemble a Cornish village)
and finishing at Hunter's Bar or the other way round and stop in Mary McBrides Bar in Cushendun (very biker friendly, a regular Sunday Breakfast Run destination).

Last edited by a moderator:

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
That's a good deal for 3 days, or just book a 'day away' and it's only £29 right now...just booked.

Bob, can you put me on the list please, thank you.

Last edited: