Uphill all the Way......

HACKLE

At 4.10pm Fatman contacted me from Leigh Creek SA on the hotel phone [no mobile service]. I know members have been wondering what he and Lynne had been planning. It was the Hell to Heaven ride. Unfortunately on the first dirt stretch north of Lyndhurst they punctured. In 45 degree heat Michael plugged and re-inflated the tyre. On returning to Lyndhurst it was down again, re-inflate, and continue south to Leigh Creek where they are spending the night. Unfortunately they have abandoned their plan and will return home tomorrow. Hope this covers everything for them re members following their spot. Thanks for understanding.

Philmor

Premier Member
Sorry to hear the news via Hackle... but in the circumstances it sounds like a good call.
My rendezvous mission plan was ready, my loaner bike was prepped for a departure tomorrow am and accommodation was booked at Wagga for tomorrow night, but hey that's okay I need a ride desperately :p so I might just head on out anyway.

HACKLE

Just got off the phone from Fatman. They are in Hawker having a patch/plug put on the hole from the inside. Michael removed the wheel for the mechanic and he and Lynne are having breakfast whilst it is repaired. Michael will be turning the spot off from here as they are now in holiday mode coming home.

Fatman

Thanks Hackle for updating the forum. LTP and I have met up with Jeff the chef who is putting us up for.night. sampling some good Lobethal Bierhaus beers, very nice I must say.

With regard to the puncture,all good and it should get us home ok.

Thanks for all your comments and concerns.

Another beer please Jeff.

Fatman

We left Lobethal this morning had a nice cruise back to home. The patch that was done at Hawker is keeping the air where it should be, inside the tyre.

Apart from us both being disappointed in not being able to start the ride, more disappointing was the fact that when we were plugging the tyre on the dirt road approx 20km north of Lyndhurst in mid 40c temps, a 4WD Jeep with 2 young girls stopped to check that we were ok, very nice of them. Then two more 4WD passed and didn't even slow down let alone check if we were ok.... Sad state of affairs I thought. I said to Lynne I bet they were city slickers. Later at Leigh Creek we saw the 2 girls that stopped and we thanked them again. Luckily for the other 2 vehicles occupants I didn't spot them.

A big thanks to Jeff the Chef for looking after us last night, a good night of talking and drinking was had..... Thanks again Jeff.. :thumbs

Tele

Premier Member
Wonderful to hear you are both safe Michael and Lynne . A terrible shame after all the preparation and excitement. As they say, the roads will still be there for next time, and your enthusiasm for the next attempt gets to build all over again :D