Uploading pictures to thread posts

Slasher

Premier Member
I tried to insert a pic into a thread by clicking on the icon in the toolbar then putting its flikr link in the pic link spot. When the thread reply posted, it just had
img displayed instead of the actual picture, did I do something wrong? What's the correct procedure for posting pics?

Slasher

Premier Member
Huh... Where'd that link come from? I just went to flikr and clicked on the "share link" button and it gave me the short link I tried to use, how do you find the full one you used?

Thanks by the way!

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
I cheated.

Flickr doesn't make it easy, in fact I think you can only get a link to a framing page unless you're willing to do some tech wizardry. I did view-source, isolated the img tag and copied its URL. If that doesn't mean much to you, I'd suggest moving your pictures to photobucket which makes life somewhat easier.

Slasher

Premier Member
Guess that's why your an "IT Wiz" huh? I think I can do it your way from my pc, I'll play with it tomorrow at work. Thanks again!

TheRoss

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
At the picture on Flickr... click the down arrow to the right of the pic and select view all sizes... select the size you want to display (680 or so), right click, go to properties, and copy the URL. That's the only way I know to do it with Flickr.

Now you try it!

Slasher

Premier Member
I was able to do it Saphena's way but your way may be a little easier than digging through all the source info to find the right link. I'll try your way next time.