Using dashcams on the continent

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
I know some folk here (Mark, for one) have a camera on their bike, to record any errant behaviour by other road users. Before you head over the Channel, you may want to read this, and think about a) where you're going, and b) where you'd need to stop to remove it.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2018/0...hat-you-need-to-know-about-driving-in-europe/

Though it does make me wonder: if there are such strict privacy laws, how come I can find so many videos of people being plonkers on the Nürburgring?

Regards,
Martin

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
I have considered fitting such a device on my bike, only so I can say "look where I went today" but every time I get close to doing something about it some clown posts a "look at this other driver's terrible behaviour" video on youtube and I just don't want to turn into that moron.

I don't doubt that they have their uses but I'll continue to manage without.

Jonnyp

IBA Member
Don't get me going on this.... there should be a law, anyone with anything stuck to the windscreen in a car should be banded... for ever and then some.....

Followed a young chap the other day, phone, dash cam and a flippin iPad…… all hanging there.... really..... !
:mad:

I have a Dual Dashcam on my bike.

I rarely check the video.

I have it to protect myself from the idiots near our Nations capital if I ever need to prove an errant cage caused me to have an accident.

I don't have time to take the video off the bike to post of the idiots I deal with, it's only if I need it for a lawyer or law enforcement.

Jonnyp

IBA Member
I have a Dual Dashcam on my bike.

I rarely check the video.

I have it to protect myself from the idiots near our Nations capital if I ever need to prove an errant cage caused me to have an accident.

I don't have time to take the video off the bike to post of the idiots I deal with, it's only if I need it for a lawyer or law enforcement.
Ah... we have a whole bunch of idiots in our nation’s capital....but they all seem to congregate in one big building. So we, know where they all are......