Using Spot Gen3 with Spotwalla

kMpH

Hello,
I am trying to use Spot Gen3 with Spotwalla to record my ride.
Tried a test today with no luck.
To give the setting I have: I have setup the xml feed to spotwalla as described on their help page(have feed password, same on both spot & spotwalla).
Spot has been setup to log location every 5mins with movement alert enabled. Have setup a custom message for testing as well on ‘OK’.
Today I started with making a ‘trip’ kn spotwalla to include times before and way after my test ride ended. When I set out my test ride, I powered up the spot & turned tracking on(by pressing on the ‘shoe print’ icon button).
After returning from the ride, I ended the tracking by pressing the shoe icon again. But on spotwalla there was no locations logged for my ride.
Please let me know on what I have missed or what are the steps to log a ride.
Thanks in advance for the help!

Auburn

Premier Member
Best thing is to pm Jason Jonas on here. He is the keeper of Spotwalla and can assist to confirm any issues you have.

Brookester

Premier Member
With SPOT devices press the OK button before the tracking button so your device registers in the behind the scenes data grabbing...has always worked for me and many others with the same issue

Firstpeke

You do need to hold that button for a few seconds until the green light comes on, once it starts flashing about every 5 seconds it is registered on the system.....
You can also look at your rides retrospectively by inputting the appropriate parameters to "trip manager".

Of course I am assuming you have registered your Spot on their website etc....

Hopefully you will get to the bottom of the issue and manage to set up your shared journeys or trips!

Auburn

Premier Member
You do need to hold that button for a few seconds until the green light comes on, once it starts flashing about every 5 seconds it is registered on the system.....
You can also look at your rides retrospectively by inputting the appropriate parameters to "trip manager".

Of course I am assuming you have registered your Spot on their website etc....

Hopefully you will get to the bottom of the issue and manage to set up your shared journeys or trips!
I was doing that with mine. There was an issue behind the scenes that Jason had to fix.

kMpH

It worked. Went on second test ride yesterday. The issue was that I hadn’t completed the map setup on spot website which was preventing the points to be populated. Now I have another question that the spot only tracks for 24hr at a stretch. So does restart or pressing ‘ok’ or ‘custom’ message allows continued tracking?

Auburn

Premier Member
It worked. Went on second test ride yesterday. The issue was that I hadn’t completed the map setup on spot website which was preventing the points to be populated. Now I have another question that the spot only tracks for 24hr at a stretch. So does restart or pressing ‘ok’ or ‘custom’ message allows continued tracking?
EDIT correction: see post below

Last edited:

kMpH

Thank you @Firtspeke. I was dummy & didn’t read through the pampflet that cane along, didn’t get usermanual as the unit is 2nd hand.