Volunteers wanted

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Obviously the more riders that take part the more money is raised :)

However, we appreciate that not everybody will want to ride 500 or 1000 miles but may still want to be involved.

An event of this size relies heavily on volunteer staff for the various tasks during the weekend. It's not full-on and there will be lots of time during the day on Saturday to do a bit of local sightseeing, or retail therapy at the nearby Castleford shopping centre and cinema/skiing complex.

Why not bring a partner with you, camp for free all weekend and leave them at Squires to help out and greet you when you finish. Here's a sample list of the sort of jobs that will need doing:

• Assist with registration on Friday afternoon/evening
  • Help to man an IBA UK and RBLR stand on Friday afternoon
  • Help to man the start from 05.00 - 07.00 on Saturday morning
  • A small team of 4 - 6 people is needed at Birch Services to sign in riders going North Clockwise
  • Help to sign in 500 mile finishers and verify their rides early on Saturday evening
  • Help to sign in 1000 mile finishers and verify their rides from late on Saturday night (if we get enough volunteers we could do 2 hour shifts through the night?)
  • Help to run the tea and snack bar for riders finishing through the night.
If you want to lend a hand please send an email direct to Graeme who is coordinating the volunteers. He is happy for his email address to be made public:

[email protected]

Thank you :D

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
EMailed Graeme, will be helping out over the weekend and even managed to get the wife to join in !.

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
Hi Mark,

How are you doing for volunteers? I'm looking at what rides I'm doing over the next few months; I could do this one, but if you need assistants, I'm happy to do that instead.

Regards,
Martin

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
Hi Mark, How are you doing for volunteers? I'm looking at what rides I'm doing over the next few months; I could do this one, but if you need assistants, I'm happy to do that instead. Regards, Martin
Contact Graeme Martin, he's the main man at Squires. It could be that you could do the 500 instead, get some rest then help out when the first 1000 mile riders start coming in?

GraemeandSally

RBLR 1000
Premier Member
I would think we should not have too many doing the 500 miles so should easy cover that one it be the 1000 miles that we need to cover right through the night and into Sunday morning

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
I would think we should not have too many doing the 500 miles so should easy cover that one it be the 1000 miles that we need to cover right through the night and into Sunday morning
You're right Graeme. Out of the 85 signed up so far only 4 are doing the 500. 12 are going down, the rest are going up. By my timings northern and southern routes will be similar this year as there's less motorways down south to ride unlike previous years. :)