Wanted - Maple Farkles pillion rack for 2014-19 RT

garr2 said:
I just received word that Maple Farkles is back in business under the management of Jim Hatch.
I sent off an enquiry about getting a pillion mounted rack and am awaiting a reply.

Ian
Ever get a response from Jim?
I emailed Jim Hatch (or I thought I did) a week ago. While I have not had a reply I have just now emailed him again through a different email address ([email protected]) I found after digging through some pages on the Maple Farkles website. I'll see what happens.

garr2 said:
I just received word that Maple Farkles is back in business under the management of Jim Hatch.
I sent off an enquiry about getting a pillion mounted rack and am awaiting a reply.
Ever get a response from Jim?
After a lot of chasing I finally heard from Jim in mid October. I confirmed my order for a pillion mounted luggage rack .... and am still waiting.
Has anyone ordered and received anything from Jim since he took over in Aug. '19?

Ian

Marc11

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
After a lot of chasing I finally heard from Jim in mid October. I confirmed my order for a pillion mounted luggage rack .... and am still waiting.
Has anyone ordered and received anything from Jim since he took over in Aug. '19?

Ian
I was able to get a few small items from Jim a month or so ago. Took a bit of follow up but eventually I got what I needed.

After 4 months of chasing I am giving up on the resurrected Maple Farkles and Jim Hatch.
While I understand that life can get in the way of business, it's pointless me hoping to get a Maple Farkles pillion mounted luggage rack.

Ian

SeabeeCapt

Premier Member
Ian,
If you find a source let me know? The main topic indicates 2014-2019? I believe the 2019 configuration is different/changed. I gave up last year on any Maple Farkles solution, but was hoping.
Robert

Marc11

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Sadly the days of ready made aux tank mounting systems may be gone and we seem to be left to our own devices for solutions.

Tep_52

Premier Member
I finally gave up and just designed my own pillion rack for the Harley so that I could make it to Jacksonville with auxiliary tank in place

Greg Rice

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I know two of us who had a Maple Farkle AUX tank for a 2016 and 2017 BMW RT. I think that is the only two Mike made. BBG45-2.jpg
BBG45-6.jpg

BBG45-11.jpg

SeabeeCapt

Premier Member
Greg,
I’m not sure how many were made, but after several unsuccessful attempts to have a seat rack made I gave up and that’s when I asked about buying yours. Which you sold with the bike to Paul, I believe.
Robert

Greg Rice

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Greg,
I’m not sure how many were made, but after several unsuccessful attempts to have a seat rack made I gave up and that’s when I asked about buying yours. Which you sold with the bike to Paul, I believe.
Robert
Did you reach out to Paul Tong? He may be willing to sell the AUX tank at this point as he has been doing a lot of two riding. I will send you a PM.

SeabeeCapt

Premier Member
Greg,
I haven’t reached out to Paul, figured he was using it. I actually only want the seat rack portion. I’m not doing long enough rides to require an aux tank anymore. Thanks for the information and help.
Robert