Wanted- Rally Ready Bike ------- My Rally Ready Bike has been obtained

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I just want to thank Matt Hube for his generous offer to lend me his 2010 Goldwing for the 2019 IBR. It is greatly appreciated and hopefully with such a well set up bike I will a finisher in 2019.

Thank you to everyone that has responded to this thread.

Thanks again Matt and look forward to meeting you in June 2019.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am hoping that someone might be able to help me out.
I will be arriving in the states from Australia around June 10 2019 and will be returning back to Australia in early August. I am looking to either buy or rent (borrow?)
a rally ready bike. As I am 6'6 I am looking for a bike that would suit a tall rider. I have mostly been riding a Super Tenere for the last five years and would like a bike that allows me to sit in a quite upright position. I would be interested in either a Honda ST, Goldwing or another Tenere but am open for suggestions.
If I purchase a bike I do have storage facilities in south west Wisconsin.
Unfortunately I was a little too late to commit to Rex LeGalley's GL1800 which would have been the perfect choice.
Thank you for your help and suggestions.

Last edited:
I am hoping that someone might be able to help me out.
I will be arriving in the states from Australia around June 10 2019 and will be returning back to Australia in early August. I am looking to either buy or rent (borrow?)
a rally ready bike. As I am 6'6 I am looking for a bike that would suit a tall rider. I have mostly been riding a Super Tenere for the last five years and would like a bike that allows me to sit in a quite upright position. I would be interested in either a Honda ST, Goldwing or another Tenere but am open for suggestions.
If I purchase a bike I do have storage facilities in south west Wisconsin.
Unfortunately I was a little too late to commit to Rex LeGalley's GL1800 which would have been the perfect choice.
Thank you for your help and suggestions.
I have a 2014 BMW R1200RT-LC with all Factory and Dealer options with 36,000 miles (60,000 Km) on it and all maintenance records. It's functionally farkled. Asking $13,000 USD Tom Buckley #48789 (360)-280-9087

Last edited:

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I have a 2014 BMW R1200RT-LC with all Factory and Dealer options with 36,000 miles (60,000 Km) on it and all maintenance records. It's functionally farkled. Asking $13,000 USD Tom Buckley #48789 (360)-280-9087
Thanks for your reply, as much as I enjoyed owning a R1200 a few years I was going to try to stay away BMW for the rally.
Also I am hoping to find one already with a fuel cell.
Thanks again for your offer

My 2013 Gold Wing with Navi and is available for sale. I can leave in all the stuff (extra garmin and Firewire) for you. The only thing needed is an Aux fuel tank. It is still young with only 43,000 miles and I just rode it yesterday. Not in a hurry to sell as I am still riding it on weekends until I get my new bike. I bought a new 2018 Gold Wing for the IBR and this is why the only reason I am getting rid of it as wife does not like the "stable" idea...

Still under the Honda Warranty until 6/2021.

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2013-Honda-GOLD-WING-AUDIO-COMFORT-NAVI-XM-ABS-5002292877

This is a awesome Goldwing that has been customized for to keep you comfortable for long trips. The lights are very unique and bright enough so that in day light they can see you coming!!!! It has been always been garaged and professionally maintained.

Russell Day Long Saddle (butt is never sore),
Aux lights tied to custom switch that can be set, currently at 10% on low beam, and 100% on high beam (5,000 lumens). Simply put, if you ride at night you will LOVE this as it lights up the night to see animals and other hazards!!!!
2 port USB in cubby to charge or power your electronics,
belly pan to protect from road hazards,
BikeMP3 960s light in cowling,
fork brace,
CB,
SoCalMotor HID low beams.

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Thank you for the offer but with the exchange rate as it is with the Australian dollar and having to add a fuel cell it is a little more than I hope to spend.
Good luck in the rally and no doubt I will meet you in June 19.