warm and safe kit

Ian M

Where do people obtain their kit from?

I can only find one retailer in GB - motolgends and they do not appear to sell the gloves, just the glove liners which means obtaining a pair oversized waterproof summer gloves to put the liners in.

Has anyone ordered direct from the states and is there a customs surcharge for doing so? Or is their an alternative to ML?
Thanks.

gloves are my personal hate getting decent ones is a pain depends what fits your hands best and how close a fit you prefer. So for i've avoided heated clothing just not me i managed this long without it seems a shame to join in now.

owl*

Rally Bonus checker
IBA Member
I've been using Gerbings heated gloves for over 25 years now. I'm only on my second pair, which are still going strong.

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
Hi Ian,

I was just wondering why Warm & Safe when Gerbing is, in my view perfect and available?

I had W&S Trollers before Gerbing sorted out their Chinese supplier and their current Controller works fine.

I think heated gear, for me, is perfect. I have a base layer, Gerbing layer then a waterproof/Body Armour layer. Not all bulked up in layers and happy in very low to about 15C. I have the full Gerbing kit but do not often bother with the trousers, just socks, Gloves and long sleeve jacket.

Ian M

Hi Ian,

I was just wondering why Warm & Safe when Gerbing is, in my view perfect and available?

I had W&S Trollers before Gerbing sorted out their Chinese supplier and their current Controller works fine.

I think heated gear, for me, is perfect. I have a base layer, Gerbing layer then a waterproof/Body Armour layer. Not all bulked up in layers and happy in very low to about 15C. I have the full Gerbing kit but do not often bother with the trousers, just socks, Gloves and long sleeve jacket.

hello dave

The reason for being interested in their products is the heated base layer. None of the others produce one.

I have had Gerbing and currently use Keis.

I found that when I followed their recommendation of going one size smaller the jackets are too tight across the shoulders and I cannot lift my arms up, when I use my normal jacket size I have too much material that rucks up inside my outer jacket.

I am hoping with a base layer style it is less restrictive and means I only need a thin fleece over the top thus allowing greater freedom of movement/less bulk but still be warm.

If the others did one, I’d look at their products.

Jay Bolinger

Premier Member
Ian, I think @Brian Thorn was steering you in the right direction above. @KEN PHENIX will most likely be able to help you out. He is a nice guy, one of us (meaning an IBA member - so we know he is not quite right in the head), VERY knowledgeable about ALL heated gear, is a warm n safe dealer, and makes semi-custom heated gloves. Many IBA riders on this side of the pond swear by his heated gloves. I wish I could give a testimonial, but I haven't had to turn the heat on my new pair yet. Forget the book of faces and try to reach him at [email protected] as well as check out his stuff at https://kphenix.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Flaming-Hot-Heated-Gear/. Best of luck! Jay