Weather Apps

Didnt find anything in search. What are the opinions for weather apps, android. Or is there a better system the LD guys use more than others...... I have weather bug, but it doesnt like updating as fast as I would like, in the south in the spring good, quick, weather info is something I would like to have......I dont mind riding along with a couple tornados, like Texas last year, but a little better info would be nice.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
About the only weather function that's important is weather radar.

RadarNow! has been decent - and it's free.

Define "quick weather" a little more. I mean, I can go to a web browser, type "nws [name of locale]" and you'll have a link to the 'source' of all things weather.

About the only weather function that's important is weather radar.

RadarNow! has been decent - and it's free.

Define "quick weather" a little more. I mean, I can go to a web browser, type "nws [name of locale]" and you'll have a link to the 'source' of all things weather.
Quick, i am wondering what app has the fasest update times. Some are 15 minutes or more, 10 minutes is the fastest Ive found so far. MyRadar, but I will look at RadarNow. Thanks for the reply.

DrNeo

Premier Member
I use intellicast a lot, but now gregs site utilizes a liitle of everything. I really liked weather bug, but it updating is terrible for radar.
"Storm" (which use to be Intellicast, now owned by Weather Underground) will let you pick a single site radar station and play with the reflectivity and tilt. It scans like a radar swath does, but it timestamps an update every 10 minutes.

If you're really a weather geek, check out https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
Quick, i am wondering what app has the fasest update times. Some are 15 minutes or more, 10 minutes is the fastest Ive found so far. MyRadar, but I will look at RadarNow. Thanks for the reply.
I think about 10 minutes is about as quick as providers can show it, since the NWS itself only shows the data in roughly ten minute intervals.

You *can* got to the NWS pages directly to see the radar data, problem is you have to know which web page any given area uses to display.