wedder vest controler.

What does one have to do to get a system 1 wedder vest battery pack and controller, or something that will work with this heated vest

Marc11

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
What does one have to do to get a system 1 wedder vest battery pack and controller, or something that will work with this heated vest
One may want to go a Google search for Widder System 1 controller and see all the options available to one.

But this is ones opinion, I suppose it is always easier to ask and have others work for you then help one's self...(sarcasm at its finest)

One may want to go a Google search for Widder System 1 controller and see all the options available to one.

But this is ones opinion, I suppose it is always easier to ask and have others work for you then help one's self...(sarcasm at its finest)
sarcasm not needed. I will do anything to get the job done if anyone can point me in the right direction. I have done the Amazon, the e-bay and others, but I guess there's no one that knows anything about this site, including you Mr. MARC11

Marc11

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
sarcasm not needed. I will do anything to get the job done if anyone can point me in the right direction. I have done the Amazon, the e-bay and others, but I guess there's no one that knows anything about this site, including you Mr. MARC11
Sir you have two posts on this forum, one lazy and one nasty. Let me help you, first humbleness and kindness go a long way, second, if you did indeed google search as I suggested you would see that the current controllers from Warm n Safe and Gerbing all work with your very old Widder Vest with the use of a very simple adapter which converts SAE to COAX.

Allow me to do a bit more work for you, since you so kindly asked, sites like Warm n Safe, Cycle Gear, Revzilla and Rocky Mountain MC all sell SAE to COAX conversation adapters as well as wired and wireless controllers.

And since I'm feeling so kind, should your vest not have either an SAE nor COAX plugs then a simple cut and solder of the aforementioned plug would also meet your needs.

You are most welcome; next time, maybe join a forum and introduce yourself instead of just looking for help and then poo pooing when someone, despite the jest, pointed you in the right direction.

ButI suppose you are right, I know nothing and haven't been able to help you....twice now.

Last edited:
Sir you have two posts on this forum, one lazy and one nasty. Let me help you, first humbleness and kindness go a long way, second, if you did indeed google search as I suggested you would see that the current controllers from Warm n Safe and Gerbing all work with your very old Widder Vest with the use of a very simple adapter which converts SAE to COAX.

Allow me to do a bit more work for you, since you so kindly asked, sites like Warm n Safe, Cycle Gear, Revzilla and Rocky Mountain MC all sell SAE to COAX conversation adapters as well as wired and wireless controllers.

And since I'm feeling so kind, should your vest not have either an SAE nor COAX plugs then a simple cut and solder of the aforementioned plug would also meet your needs.

You are most welcome; next time, maybe join a forum and introduce yourself instead of just looking for help and then poo pooing when someone, despite the jest, pointed you in the right direction.

ButI suppose you are right, I know nothing and haven't been able to help you....twice now.
My dear sir, It is pretty hard to know if one is jesting or just being nasty or sarcastic on a site like this. I apologize if I wrongly took the later to be the fact. All I wanted was a little help. I thought I asked in a polite manner. Having said that, I honestly thank you for the information. It is exactly what I needed and will work with the info that you gave me. Just so you know, The web site given for the Phenix products does no longer exsist. But I will keep trying. Thank you again and please have a Happy New Year.

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Spelling it "Widder" instead of "wedder" may produce more relevant search results.

CB650F

Premier Member
Well Mr. Hugh, please ignore the assholes here. They are unfortunately common and seem to like targeting new people like yourself. If you stick around, you can eventually find the decent people who are more interested in helping new people.

Like Kwthom said above, Ken Phenix here on the forum seems to be the go-to guy for Widder's products. You can find his contact information in this thread he made about Widder products. Scroll down to post #17 and you'll see his email address and phone number. Good luck finding what you are looking for.

Marc11

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Well Mr. Hugh, please ignore the assholes here. They are unfortunately common and seem to like targeting new people like yourself. If you stick around, you can eventually find the decent people who are more interested in helping new people.

Like Kwthom said above, Ken Phenix here on the forum seems to be the go-to guy for Widder's products. You can find his contact information in this thread he made about Widder products. Scroll down to post #17 and you'll see his email address and phone number. Good luck finding what you are looking for.
I think you may wish to edit your post and rethink your attitude and choice of words, you are way out of line here.

CB650F

Premier Member
I think you may wish to edit your post and rethink your attitude and choice of words, you are way out of line here.
No, I don't wish to edit my post or rethink my attitude and choice of words. I chose them carefully and stand by them. Your approval is not required.

If you consider yourself one of the decent people who is interested in helping new people, you have nothing to be offended by.
If you consider yourself one of the assholes I mentioned, then of course you don't like it, but you are one of the assholes so you don't matter.

Feel free to consider yourself in either group you believe you belong in. It's really up to you. You can be helpful, or you can be one of the assholes. It's your choice. Enjoy your day Marc.

No, I don't wish to edit my post or rethink my attitude and choice of words. I chose them carefully and stand by them. Your approval is not required.

If you consider yourself one of the decent people who is interested in helping new people, you have nothing to be offended by.
If you consider yourself one of the assholes I mentioned, then of course you don't like it, but you are one of the assholes so you don't matter.

Feel free to consider yourself in either group you believe you belong in. It's really up to you. You can be helpful, or you can be one of the assholes. It's your choice. Enjoy your day Marc.

Hey my friend , member 4488 If you hadn't guessed, this is my first time on here and not sure of how to navigate so don't know who I'm writing to here but I want to thank the GENTLEMAN that sent me to Ken Phenix at post #17. It was exactly where I needed to be. Ken took care of the problem and everything is great. You are my hero.