Welcome to the IBA Australia forum

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Hi Everyone,
I am Joymor and I now have my own IBA number. I received it for a SS1000 mile ride, as pillion, I did with Philmor in Texas USA last September.
It took Philmor far too long to lodge our ride application :(
I plan to do the occasional IBA ride with Philmor here in Australia and hope to see you on the road sometime.
Great to see you on the Forum & welcome!

Cuddles

IBR Finisher
Good on you and welcome. Congratulations on your IBA number.
Now you’re going to have to start looking around for a reliable pilot instead of that no good one you have now. I can imagine how slow he rides if it takes him that’s long to just do the paperwork. Haha.
All the best and safe travels
Cheers
Cuddles.

HACKLE

Maybe Cuddles was right with how tardy Philmor is, but he sure knows how to punt his Beemer. Very well done on your new number. I'm sure we'll see you on a lot more loooooooooooonger rides in the future. Cheers.

Nico

Well-known Member. Moderator
Welcome Joymor!
I've already seen you at a few ride destinations, so we know your pilot can do a reasonable job.
Keep him pointed in the right direction and it will be a joy to see you at more, I mean ... mor, ummm ...... you know what I mean...
:)

cougar

Morning all

Pete from SE suburbs of Melb here

Did my first SaddleSore back in 2017 on my old SV1000s, have also done a few FarRides over the last few years and a heap of un-documented longer rides so figured its about time I created an account and said Hi

Looking at a BB1500 for this summer some time, would love to try for a 1500Gold but think its a bit of a stretch given our speed limits & my current demerit situation. Last big ride I did was 2000km in just under 25hrs and that was a stretch of concentration and fatigue management....

Hope to pick up some advice from those more knowledgeable than myself and meet a few of you on the road

tj189

Premier Member
G'day Pete,
A warm welcome. Do enjoy your time here.

A lot of the advice is already here on the forum and some great information amongst the ride reports, so the search box will be of great assistance.
The BB2500K is a good ride and is a great step forward to longer distances. A SS3000K may be worth the thought after that. There should be no need to be concerned with your demerit situation as all the IBA rides can be done within the time frames, there are even some really "not quiet right riders" on here that have completed 50CC (Coast to Coast) and other rides on sub 150cc bikes.

Keep and eye out for our Memorial Dedication in September this year at Wilcannia and the Muster in SA in April 2020

Last edited:
Morning all

Pete from SE suburbs of Melb here

Did my first SaddleSore back in 2017 on my old SV1000s, have also done a few FarRides over the last few years and a heap of un-documented longer rides so figured its about time I created an account and said Hi

Looking at a BB1500 for this summer some time, would love to try for a 1500Gold but think its a bit of a stretch given our speed limits & my current demerit situation. Last big ride I did was 2000km in just under 25hrs and that was a stretch of concentration and fatigue management....

Hope to pick up some advice from those more knowledgeable than myself and meet a few of you on the road
Pete,
There is a lot of experienced riders in your corner of the country.
I wouldn't worry to much about points, the aim of all these riders is to do them inside the road rules parameters.. Outright speed is not needed, careful planning ( especially with the first few until you understand where the time goes) and then the mechanics of getting bigger rides done becomes easier. I'd be practising cutting your stop time down before you practice thumping out big rides. Aim for under 4 minute fuel stops. Thats as difficult to do as maintaining ride pace on a big ride.

Fatman

Welcome to the IBA forum Pete, you must be close to where LTP and I live. Enjoy your loooooong IBA riding.

Some good tips from TJ as to what is coming up in the future.

As Tabledrain says, the stops kill you on an IBA ride, you must keep them to a minimum. I usually allow 15 minutes for our fuel stops, if we do it quicker then it's a bonus, that is 2 up. Your average speed is easy to lose, but really hard to catch it up again.

Grey Gentry

Premier Member
Welcome to this group and forum, Pete. I've noticed you about on another motorcycle forum I poke about on.

TJ knows stuff, but this time for the "Memorial dedication in Wilcannia" he has his dates wrong, methinks. From the thread: IBA Australian Memorial Site - Netallie Hill "Our first meeting will be a special dedication on 28th September 2019".

For our BB2500G, my wife and I rode to the NT, then rode, 2 up, north out of Alice Springs to Pine Creek and back. There are many possibilities.

I'm already looking forward to the Naracoorte Muster in April, it's the time a few of us gather at one spot.