Welcome to the IBA Australia forum

tj189

Premier Member
Welcome to this group and forum, Pete. I've noticed you about on another motorcycle forum I poke about on.

TJ knows stuff, but this time for the "Memorial dedication in Wilcannia" he has his dates wrong, methinks. From the thread: IBA Australian Memorial Site - Netallie Hill "Our first meeting will be a special dedication on 28th September 2019".

For our BB2500G, my wife and I rode to the NT, then rode, 2 up, north out of Alice Springs to Pine Creek and back. There are many possibilities.

I'm already looking forward to the Naracoorte Muster in April, it's the time a few of us gather at one spot.
Thanks Ron - fixed

Hi David, Glad to see you on the forum. A CBR 500 is plenty big enough for what you are doing. Some of the biggest riders don't take big rides, they take a small series of steps, typically fuel stop to fuel stop, or town to town, or some other metric that works for them and accomplish the ride that way. Hydration is important, you dehydrate even on cold days at 100 kmh..
Your BB2500km 36hr ride is a comfortable entry effort, just document the SS1600km as you go.

tj189

Premier Member
welcome along for the ride David. Lots of great information from across the world regarding Long Distance Riding available for your reading pleasure.

Fatman

Welcome David

I am looking forward to seeing your BB2500 come to life, good luck with it, have fun on the forum there is plenty of great advice around here.

Hi David, Glad to see you on the forum. A CBR 500 is plenty big enough for what you are doing. Some of the biggest riders don't take big rides, they take a small series of steps, typically fuel stop to fuel stop, or town to town, or some other metric that works for them and accomplish the ride that way. Hydration is important, you dehydrate even on cold days at 100 kmh..
Your BB2500km 36hr ride is a comfortable entry effort, just document the SS1600km as you go.
Thankyou,

I've worked out the SS1600k however as per the plan, I've would of reached only 1500km within the 24hours mark (5hr stopover in sydney for the night). Might document it on the trip back home.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
G'Day David.
Nice open roads in that last route posted mate. Good thinking posted for your consideration in the lead up to your trip.
Keep Jeff posted on your travels along the way and in advance.
Great guy and true to his word.
Just remember this is a game and open to redesign of routes as the mood takes you.
Do you pack a nice sized map in your kit? I find this item useful to gain perspective and scale if...IF a redesign is needed on the trip or just for reassurance..
Hydration as your body usualy desires and dont stress the little stuff. If your think you need to strip off the liners or change into more comfortable riding gear then do it then not 200k down the road.
Change Adapt and Proceed. CAP.

Welcome David, looks like a good ride
Yes, this is probably the 5th version of the route. Quite happy with this route - more 24hour fuel stops and less jerry can topups haha

Welcome to the forum. Please keep us posted of your start time, date and spot. Look forward to watching your ride and if time and dates works out I will meet you at the end in adelaide to sign you off.
Good luck.
Is it best to update everyone in this 'Welcome to IBA' thread? or create a new thread?

Starting time is this Tuesday at 04:00AM at the Caltex Annerley, Brisbane.
I'm expected to arrive between 15:15 and 16:00 Adelaide local time at the Shell on 111 West Terrace on Wednesday 2nd October.

G'Day David.
Nice open roads in that last route posted mate. Good thinking posted for your consideration in the lead up to your trip.
Keep Jeff posted on your travels along the way and in advance.
Great guy and true to his word.
Just remember this is a game and open to redesign of routes as the mood takes you.
Do you pack a nice sized map in your kit? I find this item useful to gain perspective and scale if...IF a redesign is needed on the trip or just for reassurance..
Hydration as your body usualy desires and dont stress the little stuff. If your think you need to strip off the liners or change into more comfortable riding gear then do it then not 200k down the road.
Change Adapt and Proceed. CAP.
Large map is a yes. I've got a 2L camelbak sorted for the ride and an additonal 2L bottled water in the saddle bag, but shouldn't need to open it if things go to plan.

Liners and layers are planned for between 2 degrees and 30 degrees. However, may suffer if it gets above 35 degrees during the day - it shouldn't be that hot this time of year though.