Welcome to the IBA Australia forum

G'day and happy new year to all, I am looking forward to doing an SS1600k this year (when the bushfires are under control), Norseman to Port Augusta to start with.
Glad to see a number of familiar members here, safe rides to all,
Pete

myeeme

G'day and happy new year to all, I am looking forward to doing an SS1600k this year (when the bushfires are under control), Norseman to Port Augusta to start with.
Glad to see a number of familiar members here, safe rides to all,
Pete
Welcome Pete. Did Goolwa to Norseman via Port Augusta a few years back. Nice ride, enjoy.

Ed.

Premier Member
Welcome Pete. Love the run across the paddock and it makes for a very straight forward ride plan.
Does that plan indicate that you are based on the goldfields somewhere?

Clive Rand

Premier Member
Hi everyone, I am pretty sure most people have done this already, but unfortunately I did not and I think it stuffed my attempt up, but anyone planning any rides right now should have a look at where these fires are right now, I made the mistake of not checking. I originally intended to ride from Rockhampton Qld, follow the motorway down the coast into Colac in Vic, on the 10/11/19, dealing with quite a bit of smoke just after Gympie I really should have taken notice and checked for what was ahead, and the massive amount of roadworks before I reached Grafton NSW, and the almost empty motorway, and not taking the warnings from one of the roadhouses I refueled at, I thought I was making good time until I reached the overpass to Kew, from then on there was no further I could go South bound, I gave up the challenge for a while and started riding home, refueled at Macksville and realised I have done better than half way, so there may be a hope to finish it going back, this was brought to a bit of a grinding halt when I had to stop a bit after Yamba Qld because of a smoke hazard, I did wait and I did finish the distance I hope when I eventually got to Marlborough Qld, I don't know if I have chalked enough miles to pass, Google maps says I did and my odometer says I did, but time will tell, anyway my point here is before you head off on any long distance ride, make sure the roads you will be riding on are all open, and Google maps usually tells you where roadworks are, but after seeing Grafton I know to avoid that area for quite a while, those roadworks tore a massive hole in my time frame, and they are a long way off from finishing any time soon.

Biggles

Premier Member
Hi everyone, I am pretty sure most people have done this already, but unfortunately I did not and I think it stuffed my attempt up, but anyone planning any rides right now should have a look at where these fires are right now, I made the mistake of not checking.
For NSW road conditions, check https://www.livetraffic.com/
For Queensland, check https://qldtraffic.qld.gov.au/

The northern NSW Ballina to Woolgoolga bypass is making good progress. When I came up a couple of weeks ago, a major section that had been developing very slowly due to the need for compaction south of Balina had opened.

Hi guys. Just joined up and looking forward to pounding some miles in WA. I was all set to ride the 2020 Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge in the USA which is 16,000 km's in 14 days from August 9th ... having applied, been interviewed and accepted to ride (Rider#991). Due to COVID-19 and not being able to get out of the country I will have to wait another 2 years until 2022 as the event is only run bi-annually. So what better way to restart HHMC 2022 preparation than getting into some IBA action as a lot of my mates in the US do.

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Hi guys. Just joined up and looking forward to pounding some miles in WA. I was all set to ride the 2020 Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge in the USA which is 16,000 km's in 14 days from August 9th ... having applied, been interviewed and accepted to ride (Rider#991). Due to COVID-19 and not being able to get out of the country I will have to wait another 2 years until 2022 as the event is only run bi-annually. So what better way to restart HHMC 2022 preparation than getting into some IBA action as a lot of my mates in the US do.
Welcome to the forum.
That would have been tough not being able to compete in the Hoka Hey. I am hoping that flights to the states will resume sometime early in the new year to be able to participate in the 2021 Iron Butt Rally.
Good luck with the preparation for the 2022 HHMC.

Hi folks
Glad to finally find the forum and hope to get some tricks and tips for some LD riding.
My current ride is a 2015 BMW K1300R, it’s a beast and possibly not the best LD motorcycle but it’s where I’m at currently.
I’m located on the Mornington Peninsula in Victoria
B94F88DB-5BEE-4290-97FD-A11E3E49032A.jpeg