Welcome to the Mansfield Vic Muster 2019

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
WohHo.
Just read this. Great sluthing TJ Thank you mate.
Top Shelf work.

Now Im back to fighting a bushfire at Wollomombi

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Actually spent some time yesterday putting detail into a tank bag spead-sheet.
I had to make consideration to the 600k rule that occurred to me in my sleep. It was a simple two stop fuel strategy because that's what I've been doing, of late. Then the penny dropped Oh this is like a documented ride thing!
so...all good now.
Im getting very excited.

MIXR

Sorry people, but I totally blew this one. Terrible timing with Daughter #2 presenting Grandson #2 for me. Her first, my second, so with that all two weeks ago I missed the cut. Too busy slipping to and from Wagga for a bit as hubby's family is in Spain. Best I'll do is go for a decent ride and catch up if I can at Muster time. I actually have the time off but will tie it in with another Wagga run. All crappy excuses, but my girls are pretty important in my life. And I'm not even working too hard as retirement is in July. That's also keeping me occupied. I'll be there if you'll allow me to sneak in for dinner! Cheers, Mick.

Tele

Premier Member
Sorry people, but I totally blew this one. Terrible timing with Daughter #2 presenting Grandson #2 for me. Her first, my second, so with that all two weeks ago I missed the cut. Too busy slipping to and from Wagga for a bit as hubby's family is in Spain. Best I'll do is go for a decent ride and catch up if I can at Muster time. I actually have the time off but will tie it in with another Wagga run. All crappy excuses, but my girls are pretty important in my life. And I'm not even working too hard as retirement is in July. That's also keeping me occupied. I'll be there if you'll allow me to sneak in for dinner! Cheers, Mick.
No way your daughter and your beautiful grandson are "crappy" excuses Mick ! There is nothing more precious in the world than a loving family. Sincere congratulations on the new arrival and best wishes for all the upcoming "grandad" duties that will follow for the rest of your life :)

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Ill not be far away at some point on the Hume mate.
This is a link to my route and Im on the road at Armidale 0600.
If you want to intercept at your best estimates and some old fashioned phone magic then It would be for me a pleasure to share some part of my ride route with you mate. Either way If your in those woods then lets just catch up even for a short while if thats all the time you have.
Cheers mate
https://goo.gl/maps/oKJY2y3PxrR2

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
So have i missed something Tele.
Really it sounds like ive ive missed an important bit.
Now i need to get up the big screen to investigate.

Tele

Premier Member
Yes Gatey, Just referring to the issues raised by Brookster. I noted the loop you had planned in the Victorian section of your plan. Just thinking out loud that there will be a few corner dockets to chase in a relatively short timeframe.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Elmore need not have any evidence. Its on one of two direct routes to Echuca. The other veers off up through Colbinabbin and Corop popping back out at Rochester before Echuca.
There is 1 km difference. The defence range at Pucka eliminates any straight line to Echuca. You ether go north west as routed through Kilmore or too far north east to be of value.

Tele

Premier Member
Thanks very much to TJ for assisting me with late registration for this event. Work arrangements have changed and now my leave is approved for another week which will allow me to catch up with all my friends at Mansfield. :) I have booked some relatively pricey accommodation, but the queen bed will be a nice reward after 1600+ kilometres. Just thinking that this will be my first IBA length ride since the Muster in 2018. Pretty poor form on my part. Life gets in the way of pleasure sometimes and the last year has been my lowest bike travel period in some time.
Late rego means that my proposed route will be submitted directly to the IBA as a post-ride document, but looks something like Newcastle - Narrabri-Gilgandra-Cobar-Griffith-Mansfield (1628 Google kms). Not sure what the roo count will be like on the Kidman way, but I'll get to find out I suppose :eek: Looking forward to seeing all the crew who can make Mansfield.

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Thanks very much to TJ for assisting me with late registration for this event. Work arrangements have changed and now my leave is approved for another week which will allow me to catch up with all my friends at Mansfield. :) I have booked some relatively pricey accommodation, but the queen bed will be a nice reward after 1600+ kilometres. Just thinking that this will be my first IBA length ride since the Muster in 2018. Pretty poor form on my part. Life gets in the way of pleasure sometimes and the last year has been my lowest bike travel period in some time.
Late rego means that my proposed route will be submitted directly to the IBA as a post-ride document, but looks something like Newcastle - Narrabri-Gilgandra-Cobar-Griffith-Mansfield (1628 Google kms). Not sure what the roo count will be like on the Kidman way, but I'll get to find out I suppose :eek: Looking forward to seeing all the crew who can make Mansfield.
Hi Tele

Looks like you are doing a similar route to us!
Will be good to catch up again

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
That is fantastic new Tele. Well done to both you and TJ for making this come together. Great News.
Kidman seemed a bit quiet for livestock of anykind last month. Newcastle to Narrabri well bit rooy.
Are look those things are everyplace or no place.
Man Im chuffed you can be part of the game.
What you riding?

Tele

Premier Member
I have reduced the stable to one bike now Gatey. A BMW R1200 GSA. We downsized house in January and I'm hoping for part time work from July onward. Biggest ride thus far on the GSA in one day is about 650klm, so the extra thousand Kim will be a test :D:D look to catching up mate!

Fransvdm

Premier Member

I also plan to head to Newcastle and Narrabri. Shouldn't be Roos on that road. Then I'll go down to Yass with a night run down the Hume Friday night.

I plan a 3 am or so start