What camera are you using for rally bonuses?

Hi all -
I'm pretty new to all of this, and am looking for opinions/recommendations on a small camera for bonus documentation (and probably not much else). I borrowed an older Coolpix for the MN1000 this year, but it's slow and touchy. I've looked at the Fuji XP series, the Panasonic Lumix series, and really cheap Kodaks. Using standard SD cards is a requirement (not micro); waterproof and AA batteries are preferred. Would prefer to keep it close to $100. Thanks!

Jesse

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Since late 2013 I've used a Nikon COOLPIX AW100. Takes good photos, handles water and drops with no issues. A year ago I bought a second one as a back up and during rallies I have them set up identically, one in the side case just in case I need it. The con is that they use a proprietary battery. The pro is that a charged battery easily lasts through a rally. It lasted through the IBR though I had the spare camera and batteries just in case.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
Nikon Coolpix S4300. You do have to get the settings right on these things; trial-and-error (mainly error...) on my part to get it usable.

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I recently purchased a Fujifilm Finepix XP120 for the 2019 IBR.
Waterproof and shock proof and worked well even in the rain/snow of Mount Evens and the heavy rains encountered in the Rockies.
Also worked well with gloves on.

lylemonroe

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Fuji XP, have two one waterproof, one not....

I have used for 3 IBR's and 3 Butt-Lites and don't recall how many other rides. Camera's both use same battery and carry the charger with me. the waterproof one I have attached, by the tether, in one of outer pockets of my riding jacket. Can use without disconnecting. (no worry about where I left the silly thing)