What Memphis Has To Offer LD Riders

outdoorsntn

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Might you be interested in an upcoming coordinated Memphis area hosted LD IBA certified riding event which offer multiple IBA ride certification options including, fast-track mentored IBA ride certification options?

These can include an Insane Memphis In-City 1000, a really insane Memphis In-City BBG, the Lap of Tennessee, a Tennessee In-State, a Ride Around Arkansas, an Arkansas In-State, a Ride Around Mississippi, a Mississippi in-state, and BBGs which take riders from the Mississippi River Valley into the Appalachians, across the Tennessee twice and then back across the Mighty Mississippi out onto the Great Plains and across the Red River into Old Spanish Territory and back and then into the Northern edges of Ole Creole Louisiana crossing the Mississippi, Red and Tennessee, … these boundary rivers, multiple times…sound’s quite romantic I do say. And the nearby states of Missouri and Alabama offer similar IBA ride certifications.

MidTNJasonF

Premier Member
I would not consider doing an in city run in Memphis, as I hate riding in Memphis (or pretty much any other city), but I have a had an instate ride on my radar. I would like to complete and instate or lap route for Mississippi, Tennessee, Alabama, Kentucky, and Georgia at some point, my local riding area as it were. Memphis is a good launching point for several of those and a mere 200 miles from home.

Might be interesting if you put together a route option that included the Natchez Trace Parkway as well.

outdoorsntn

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Whaaat? No Memphis Barbeque 1000?
Yah know Jackie… you make a darn good point here and this story is going somewhere…

Memphis Tennessee is the home of the World Championship BBQ event each May and has great BBQ locations throughout.

Thinking a Memphis Metro-Area 1,000 mile BBQ themed ride be included and is what you might have in-store, consisting of multiple 100 mile loops of the Memphis area on divided highways which include Hernando, Mississippi; Byhalia, Mississippi; Arlington, Tennessee and back through Hernando, all this on I-269, TN 385, US-51 and I-55, then at 150’ish miles stop for another hearty helping of some local BBQ. Not much better way to enjoy some local flavor and our sport while also supporting local businesses!

As plagiarism is the finest form of flattery, Brian North’s Columbus Ohio metro area Ice Cream Insanity ride inspired this… During his 1000 mile Ice Cream Insanity ride, Brian rode not more than 30 miles from his starting location.

Attachments

outdoorsntn

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I would not consider doing an in city run in Memphis, as I hate riding in Memphis (or pretty much any other city), but I have a had an instate ride on my radar. I would like to complete and instate or lap route for Mississippi, Tennessee, Alabama, Kentucky, and Georgia at some point, my local riding area as it were. Memphis is a good launching point for several of those and a mere 200 miles from home.

Might be interesting if you put together a route option that included the Natchez Trace Parkway as well.
I guess I've been lucky Jason in Memphis with the in-cities and BBG, understand though.
Definitely open, if you don't mind, suggesting a route out of or ending in Memphis. Likely riders in middle Tennessee like yourself might enjoy.
Doug