IBR Finisher
That part is made by Aircraft Spruce.

Brian try Rod at www.Skyshop.com.au

They are located in North Lakes QLD. ph 07 3040 0502
The part number is # 15-06130 and he sells them for about $30

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Brian you may find a "bulkhead fitting"at your local hydraulic's service. They are not rear as such. You just need to know what size internal fitting/ the pipe line diameter you want to run.
Speed flow and all those mentioned above can supply the item called a bulk head fitting.
Bulk head fitting can range from under 5mm up to 300mm as a screw in item.
Youngs Hydraulics in Tamworth have them as do BearFast.
Earls, SpeedFlow and speedWorks and hells bells ...do you have a chandlers supplies near you. It is after all a common boat part.

No promises but I'll have a look in one of my magic box's to see if I still have one and bring it along to Renmark for you.

Farkleit

Premier Member
Brian you may find a "bulkhead fitting"at your local hydraulic's service. They are not rear as such. You just need to know what size internal fitting/ the pipe line diameter you want to run.
Speed flow and all those mentioned above can supply the item called a bulk head fitting.
Bulk head fitting can range from under 5mm up to 300mm as a screw in item.
Youngs Hydraulics in Tamworth have them as do BearFast.
Earls, SpeedFlow and speedWorks and hells bells ...do you have a chandlers supplies near you. It is after all a common boat part.

No promises but I'll have a look in one of my magic box's to see if I still have one and bring it along to Renmark for you.
Hi Gatey. Sadly i am not attending Renmark. I have a family wedding on the 8th. My riding Partner in crime is going. Lives just up the road. Ill be back in touch if tomorrow is not fruitful.

Ive spoken to Jack at Earls who was most obliging but had a different fitting. He also put me onto IFS they are still looking after i rang them (they are a manufacturer of brass fittings).

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
For those following along on Farkleit's engineering adventure, here is what the bulkhead looks like fitted, with a barb tail inside the bulkhead.

Location is the key with the FJR. The tank bottom is really flat and it is all very tight for space under there. Even the fuel injection return line can get in the way...

The pen scribbles were made while the tank was still fitted to the bike just to mark out some clear space as seen when peeking under the tank.

Farkleit

Premier Member
For those following along on Farkleit's engineering adventure, here is what the bulkhead looks like fitted, with a barb tail inside the bulkhead.

Location is the key with the FJR. The tank bottom is really flat and it is all very tight for space under there. Even the fuel injection return line can get in the way...

The pen scribbles were made while the tank was still fitted to the bike just to mark out some clear space as seen when peeking under the tank.
Im well on my way to making a filler. Bought a madrel bent 3mm x 40mm aluminum tube 90degree from Jono Holdings.

Ill weld a cap onto the bent tube.

Last edited:

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Vlad that is a stock pic from MapleFarkles in their fitting instructions. (Coincidentally from my old USA FJR).

Closest to the tank is the black rubber washer thingy (seen in Brian's first post) and in that pic it appears to have a smear of something black or clear - not sure what that is.

Where the white sealant is visible I use a white Permatex brand thread sealer - on the rack in Supercheap Auto. Each time I've drilled a tank (5?) I tend to buy a fresh tube just in case.

Farkleit

Premier Member
Vlad that is a stock pic from MapleFarkles in their fitting instructions. (Coincidentally from my old USA FJR).

Closest to the tank is the black rubber washer thingy (seen in Brian's first post) and in that pic it appears to have a smear of something black or clear - not sure what that is.

Where the white sealant is visible I use a white Permatex brand thread sealer - on the rack in Supercheap Auto. Each time I've drilled a tank (5?) I tend to buy a fresh tube just in case.
I think you need a ride .....Capalaba Brisbane, the bikes on the lift ill get the tank off no probs and Mr Tank Driller can drill da Hole .... LOL off and i have free beer!!

Vlad

Premier Member
Thanks Peter, I'm going to drill the GSA tank when I get back from Renmark. The surface of the tank isn't smooth and it will need a sealer under the bulk head washers.

Farkleit

Premier Member
Thanks Peter, I'm going to drill the GSA tank when I get back from Renmark. The surface of the tank isn't smooth and it will need a sealer under the bulk head washers.
i would think its not a good idea to be trying to rely on a sealant to seal around a sealing ring on an uneven surface.
Best to look for a flat location