Winter/ Solstices Spring Fall Equonoxes 1000 rides

Howard Entman

IBR Finisher
Premier Member
No they don't, although most people complete the four rides in a twelve month period. There are times, especially in the northern part of the US, when the weather on December 21 is just too dangerous for a motorcycle ride. We ARE the World's Toughest Riders; we are also the World's Smartest Riders!

mkneebone

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
You might check with Ira on that. I thought they had to be done in order?
No, for the northern hemisphere, we don't want to box you in for the Winter Solstice and obviously in the Southern Hemisphere, the same for June... we don't want to add to the risk burden of winter riding if it is not safe to do so.

Mike

No they don't, although most people complete the four rides in a twelve month period. There are times, especially in the northern part of the US, when the weather on December 21 is just too dangerous for a motorcycle ride. We ARE the World's Toughest Riders; we are also the World's Smartest Riders!
Thanks Howard

Patrick Ford

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
No, for the northern hemisphere, we don't want to box you in for the Winter Solstice and obviously in the Southern Hemisphere, the same for June... we don't want to add to the risk burden of winter riding if it is not safe to do so.

Mike
I wish I had known that a few years ago. I had 3 BBGS done including winter when I had to quit because of tire failure. I shredded the three when we were moving. :eek:(

mkneebone

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I wish I had known that a few years ago. I had 3 BBGS done including winter when I had to quit because of tire failure. I shredded the three when we were moving. :eek:(
So doesn't this policy work in your favor? You can go back and do the final one when you can... or am I missing something?

Patrick Ford

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
So doesn't this policy work in your favor? You can go back and do the final one when you can... or am I missing something?
I shedded the first three when we were cleaning up before moving. My dumb. I said the hell with it to my self.
We're fixing to move again next month maybe I'll get inspired to do it again. :):)

Patrick Ford

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I do but I don't have any paper work, witnesses, gas receipts so forth. Everything went through the shredder. My bad. Heck I've got two BBGs from Alamo that I haven't sent in but when I do another Alamo this May getting ready for June I promise to send it in.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
I do but I don't have any paper work, witnesses, gas receipts so forth. Everything went through the shredder. My bad. Heck I've got two BBGs from Alamo that I haven't sent in but when I do another Alamo this May getting ready for June I promise to send it in.
Um...

Did you send it in for the 2017 ride, Pat?